• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New big block head?

IQ52

Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
So now do we have a new weapon for the low compression big block? Edelbrock is now advertising a 75cc combustion chamber E-Street aluminum head for the low compression engines. Is this a good alternative to the 915 that is getting harder to find? They are listed on Summit Racing's website for $979.95/pair. Hello Stealth heads, are you watching? You have competition.

probably a better combustion chamber than the 84cc edelbrock or stealth. may be the same chamber that the victor has. more quench area is good.

Is it the old style D shaped chamber, or a modern heart shape? The Victors are heart shaped, and this does change the dome type on your pistons once you get so high...
Flat tops or dished are a Non-Issue of course.

Is it the old style D shaped chamber, or a modern heart shape? The Victors are heart shaped, and this does change the dome type on your pistons once you get so high...
Flat tops or dished are a Non-Issue of course.
cant find a pic yet to find out.would love to see a dyno comparison with the stealths as well.

I just noticed them, great find! Can't wait to see some flow numbers. They seriously are going to kill "stealth" cylinder head sales, unless the stealth's drop their price considerably. Stealth's wouldn't even come into my mind, if I could buy an American made cylinder head for a better price.

Check this out;
Go to Jegs.com, place in Part Number # 998-350-150 and you can purchase a $150 Edelbrock quick cash coupon, for $20. Order it, and with shipping you'll save $120. Once you receive your coupon, you can place in part number 5090 on the Jegs website once again to find the Edelbrock Heads noted in this thread; and literally end up paying only $855 for the E-Street Heads complete. Only around a hundred more, than the single assembled head currently offered for our BBM from Edelbrock. Jegs plans on shipping these on the 16th of March, so they are nearly out on the market. Now that is a serious deal..

I see they are straight plug heads also. No spendy headers to buy.

I see they are straight plug heads also. No spendy headers to buy.

I am sure Edelbrock sales have declined dramatically since the arrival of the "Stealth" Heads on scene. You obviously can tell this E-street cylinder head was marketed as a direct competitor to them, to win back that 'budget' market that they have lost.

I guess Edelbrock decided to sell theirs at a reasonable price. I think we should all call 440 Source and thank them. It is because of their cheap chinese crap heads that we now can have a "Made in America" product.

So let me be the first to say it.

Thanks 440 Source, I appreciate it.

I talked to the guys at Mancini Racing about the E-Street heads and they explained they are more of an entry level head. It does not offer the performance level of the RPM or Victor series head. I did consider them for my motor, but Im sticking with my first choice of RPM's. For flow data on cylinder heads check out:

http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tablehdc.htm#Chrysler_Big_Block

This site is full of flow data on all makes and models of heads.

Cheers;

If the chamber's are 75cc it would be a great head for a substantial compression bump on 383's and 400's. If they had these a year ago, I wouldn't have bought my Stealths. But I still do like the "factory appearing" look.

This is interesting. JMHO, 440 Source heads are affordable, and flow well, but I just dont trust the hardware on them. So the cost of replacing with things you trust, cancels the price benefit.

Wow, great news. As mentioned I think that's perfect for the late model low CR engine. You can do absolutely nothing but bolt these on an otherwise good engine and have better performance from the compression increase alone. Thanks for posting.

If you have a 8.7:1 compression, .030" over 383, and you take off a 84cc head and bolt on the 75cc head you will go to 9.4:1 compression. If you take off a 88cc head you will gain a full point of compression.

Though the E-Sreet head is the same casting as the RPM head, is is NOT hand blended in the runners under the seat as the RPM head is and is not CNC'd in on the intake entrance and the exhaust like the RPM head.

Tech couldn't tell me the shape of the combustion chamber when I asked yesterday.

Even though they use the same size valves (2.14/1.81), they use cheaper, heavier valves, lighter valve springs, and harder valve seat inserts in the heads. Because of these design changes they are not ment to be used in high performance (racing) applications. The harder seats will tend to cause valve bounce at high rpms but should last longer in street driving conditions. The lighter springs and heavier valves limit the rpms to about 5500.

You still are required to THINK about what you intend to do in the future with your engine build. It may be a great stock head replacement for street driving but is not ment to be a race head. You may be able to force it that way if you replace the seat inserts, valves and springs.

But, if you want a 75cc head for racing, get the Victor.

If you look at the current "E-Street" 84cc offering, they have flow data listed that is identical to the Performer RPM castings. I actually emailed an Edelbrock tech expert and he was a complete washout with my questions on the differences, and just replied with "You should purchase the RPM's," without giving me any useful information or mechanical details between the two that I asked. Most if not all individuals who purchase the Edelbrock heads are not purchasing them for an all out race piece and generally the use of hydraulic flat tappet camshafts and lifters are going to severely limit your upper RPM limit anyways. If they realistically flow 250-260cfm(Edelbrock states 278cfm)@.500 lift on the intake, then you have a 500HP capable head for a general street application with a very mild camshaft. I couldn't see you giving up ANY horsepower to a Stealth head, and I don't see many people complaining with their performance overall. I agree with Victors, Indy, or Brodix heads for an 'all out race' application; but 95% of people are just looking for a little more power for cruising the boulevard or for that "aluminum look." So I think it's great that Edelbrock has stepped up to the plate and opened up to their main Chrysler big block audience.

I agree with the comparison from Stealth to Eddy E-Streets. If you are looking for a great replacement head, the E-Streets are a great choice. I have a few buddies that both had issues with 440 Source products (heads included). I was only stating the information the guy from Mancini's explained to me. I'm going with the RPM's with the CNC porting option as my car see's alot of track time and the flow data on full CNC porting is perfect for my set-up

Cheers;

979 dollar vs 1400dollars for the e street 75 vs 84c/c head. whats the diffrence?

The heads @ Summit are both listed as bare heads though 1 photo shows valves and seals, but listed as bare. The part numbers are 77919, 77929 @ $689.95 / $759.50 Flow specs for both.

Valve Lift .100" .200" .300" .400" .500" .600" .700"
Intake ....85 ...150 ...211 ...261...298 ...322 ...325
Exhaust ....63 ...118 ...160 ...189 ...207 ....219...226

Pricey, but worth it? Considering it is all done for you, purchase and bolt on? I still find it hard to justify a shown naked head @ $2500 each. Yes, 1 head.
(From Mancini racing, could be cheaper else where, IDK)

There supposed to be fully done w/ springs for roller cams @ .600 lift.
But still. OK, I know CNC is expensive, but am I a bit off here? If there fully done up, then, IIRC, that would make them about in-line with other places that do this work on Edelbrock heads. Making them about worth it. If the shoe fits.

Chapman ported Stage VI specs;
Stage VI 260 Stage VI 285 MW
....... (P4876383)..........(P4876386)
100" 71 55...............77 55
.200" 157 112.............151 112
.300" 230 177 ............220 177
.400" 290 211 ............283 211
.500" 325 233 ............330 233
.600" 351 242 ............364 242
.700" 351 252 ............375 252
.750" 260 ..................381 260

$986 for the bare unported unit.
$800 Jims auto parts http://www.jimsautoparts.com/mopar_performance_heads.htm

The heads @ Summit are both listed as bare heads though 1 photo shows valves and seals, but listed as bare. The part numbers are 77919, 77929 @ $689.95 / $759.50 Flow specs for both.

Valve Lift .100" .200" .300" .400" .500" .600" .700"
Intake ....85 ...150 ...211 ...261...298 ...322 ...325
Exhaust ....63 ...118 ...160 ...189 ...207 ....219...226

Pricey, but worth it? Considering it is all done for you, purchase and bolt on? I still find it hard to justify a shown naked head @ $2500 each. Yes, 1 head.
(From Mancini racing, could be cheaper else where, IDK)

There supposed to be fully done w/ springs for roller cams @ .600 lift.
But still. OK, I know CNC is expensive, but am I a bit off here? If there fully done up, then, IIRC, that would make them about in-line with other places that do this work on Edelbrock heads. Making them about worth it. If the shoe fits.

Chapman ported Stage VI specs;
Stage VI 260 Stage VI 285 MW
....... (P4876383)..........(P4876386)
100" 71 55...............77 55
.200" 157 112.............151 112
.300" 230 177 ............220 177
.400" 290 211 ............283 211
.500" 325 233 ............330 233
.600" 351 242 ............364 242
.700" 351 252 ............375 252
.750" 260 ..................381 260

$986 for the bare unported unit.
$800 Jims auto parts http://www.jimsautoparts.com/mopar_performance_heads.htm

The Edelbrock part numbers you have listed are for the Edelbrock Victor heads. Is there a particular reason you have listed the Victor part numbers?

Auto Transport Service
Back