• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New brake master cylinder?

19 69 GTX

Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
Needing a new brake master cylinder for my 69 GTX . I would order one off of Dr. DIff but he's out if stock for awhile. I want a newer style with the aluminum body and plastic resovouir. Where is best place to get one . Thanks

If you were looking for the upgraded 15/16" bore I am not sure if those are only made special order but yes, does say no stock.

However the standard bore are in stock.

I realized this afternoon in the middle of my brake job that I had purchased the wrong master cylinder a couple months back (it's a Dorman 1.25" bore for power brakes) so it wasn't gonna work. :BangHead::BangHead:

So I ordered the MC kit from Dr. Diff @ 5pm today, and my order was processed by 6pm and just got my "order complete" email with tracking #.

Gotta love companies that are quick on their feet. :thumbsup:

If you were looking for the upgraded 15/16" bore I am not sure if those are only made special order but yes, does say no stock.

However the standard bore are in stock.

I realized this afternoon in the middle of my brake job that I had purchased the wrong master cylinder a couple months back (it's a Dorman 1.25" bore for power brakes) so it wasn't gonna work. :BangHead::BangHead:

So I ordered the MC kit from Dr. Diff @ 5pm today, and my order was processed by 6pm and just got my "order complete" email with tracking #.

Gotta love companies that are quick on their feet. :thumbsup:

Sent him an email and seems he recommends the bigger bore 1 1/32 for me though and thats the one out of stock..

I bought mine from rock auto,, A cardonne unit for my 68 Charger made in USA with a lifetime warranty. I got it in three days just recently(1 april) 83.00 free shipping. if you want cheap chinese they are in the 25.00 dollar range with a 30 day warranty HA

Sent him an email and seems he recommends the bigger bore 1 1/32 for me though and thats the one out of stock..

That's the one I bought. That is the one for "standard Mopar applications".

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 11.26.58 PM.png

Check with Rick Eherenberg on ebay ricksparts. He has a few listed, no specific bore sizes though. Drop him an email.

Sent him an email and seems he recommends the bigger bore 1 1/32 for me though and thats the one out of stock..[/QUOTE]

That’s the one I use. Works good.

That's what I was going to buy he said I need the 15/16 one. I have wilwood front disc and back are drum. Want to eventually have disc on back as well

I also have a set of 11" Wilwood's on the front, which are the smallest ones that will accommodate the 14" road wheels, and were installed by the PO. They have been "operating", I guess you could say with the original drum brake MC, but this has been a improvement I have wanted to do for awhile.

According to Dr. Diff, the "1 1/32" bore master works with most 2 or 4 wheel disc or drum Mopar passenger car applications." I am sure it will be a far sight better than what I had.

His MC is quite similar to Wilwood's Tandem Master Cylinder that has a slightly larger bore. Just at a nicer price & works with my manual push rod etc. So I can't see why it wouldn't handle a small set of front discs.

Check with Rick Eherenberg on ebay ricksparts. He has a few listed, no specific bore sizes though. Drop him an email.

Just purchased one off him today. He said it will be fine thanks for the help.

Auto Transport Service
Back