• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New car purchase 66 coronet

68Satsport

Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
Haven't been on for a while but I now have a reason! I just bought an all original 66 Coronet with 35K miles. Not sure my exact plans for it, but it currently runs and drives really nice with a 318 Poly and 727.

Might just clean it up for now and cruise. I've got a 68 440 sitting in the garage that was left over from a project that never happened. But who knows. I obtained a dual plane 4bbl for the Poly to start.

Might do some paint restoration and 4bbl it for now.
IMG-1376.jpg
IMG-1384.jpg
IMG-1385.jpg
IMG-1386.jpg
IMG-1392.jpg

Congratulations, really nice survivor car you have on your hands. I would just clean it and tune it up for cruising. I have a 67 that I bought about two years ago. Did some high performance upgrades and just cruise it every other week now. I do have a lot of parts like the original intake and two barrel carb that I removed and upgraded.

Nice.

Great cars.

Wow. Poly Coronet! Can't imagine anything nicer!

Awesome car. Wish my 66 was even 50% as complete as yours. First thing to do before anything else is changing that single pot master brake cylinder. Those aren't very safe if you happen to lose a brake line.

I second upgrading the master and change the hoses as well.
The other big rubber part is the power steering pressure hose, if that is original put a new one on it.
Nice one!

Thanks guys. I would like to do some mild upgrades at first and brakes are on the list once I get it all cleaned up. Luckily no one messed with the paint so while it is dull it is not all polished away.

It still shows appropriate wear for 55 year old paint job but should clean up and be presentable. Interior is still very nice. The front bench was covered and was protected, the rear bench has some splits in it from being dried out.

The transmission still has the Chrysler blue paint!

Wow! Nice survivor Coronet. It's only original once. Just clean it up and attend to safety issues. Done.

Agree with others. Nice survivor! Replace a few things for safety and enjoy!

Damn nice car!
Clean it up, convert it to front disc and have fun!

Years ago, I was lucky enough to find a 67 dart GT survivor, 273 with auto and 8 3/4. The nephew of the original owner had put it in the local trader paper as his uncle was quite old and didn't want to deal with people. The photo of the car showed only the rear end of the car poking out of a garage, not much to go on. I thought why not, and went to take a look. I found an amazing car, white with a black interior, 14,000 original miles. The interior showed new, even the carpet was great. Outside almost no marks at all except a slight twist in the front bumper on the passenger side. The nephew said that his uncle had driven into a snow blower stored at the end of the garage one day, looked at the dent in the bumper and decided no more driving. In the glove box were all the cars doc's right up till it's last oil change. After the purchase I went to see a buddy at his body shop and we pulled the bumper straight, leaving almost no mark at all. I could go on and on, but I drove that car for years and when I would go to a show, people would flock around just to look at a real "survivor". Satsport, keep her like she is. You'll be amazed at how much fun a "showroom stock" car can give you.

Great find, as others have said, they are only original once.

That car looks like it has had a good deal of care over the years. Nice find.

The paint is the strange 1966 Poly metallic gold or citron gold for plymouth. It has a good deal of green in it but looks different depending on light. Also, the paint is pretty oxidized.

I have the original build sheet, certi card, manual, etc for the car that I can share at some point.
IMG-1447.jpg
IMG-1452.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back