• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new carpet and seat covers front buckets 66 Satellite

Fabinho8

Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
Hi

Which new carpet and seat covers front bucket can yoou recommend, both in black? Saw there are so many companies offer something (ACC, Classic Industries, Dantes Parts, Legendary Auto Interiors and and and)

Classic and Dante are resellers, not manufacturers.

For your specific car (western scroll pattern), the PUI covers are pretty dang good for the price.

PUI is hit and miss, and I don't usually recommend them, but for a 66 Sat, it's a good value.

I put PUI in mine becuase it was cheaper but I would recommend Legendary.
The western scroll is much more detailed.
I just put in carpet from ACC and it was OK but the rubber back does not hook on the sides and I had some loops that were unattached brand new.
Hopefuly they don't continue to come loose, I'll be very unhappy if that happens

It's fine for me to spend bit more $ to get perfect quality...so that's why I was asking if somebody can recommend really good quality. Don't need to look at ebay or so, I really want a good quality carpet and especially very good quality seat covers

It's fine for me to spend bit more $ to get perfect quality...so that's why I was asking if somebody can recommend really good quality. Don't need to look at ebay or so, I really want a good quality carpet and especially very good quality seat covers
Legendary on the covers and ACC brand on the carpet. @69bfan can get you the carpet from ACC with extra material for perfect fit.

thanks Jerry
Bucket seat from Legendary, the ones with western scroll strips, there all all vinyl made? is that normal or was normal leather?

All vendors that sell carpet now is selling the ACC brand. Not sure of the time frame that your working with, but I would not order the carpet or seat covers until you have the need for the parts. Take in mind that Legendary usually works with a four to six week turn around time from the time that the seat covers are ordered to the time that they are shipped. Due to the Corona Virus situation, you will be looking at possibly September to October on getting seat covers sewn and ready to ship. We have several orders that I am sitting on with Legendary that have been impacted by the business shut downs and once everyone is back up and running, it will take time to catch up.

On carpet sets, I can order them and they are ready to ship in 24 to 36 hours. Both carpet and seat covers need to be removed from the boxes as soon as they arrive. Lay them out flat to minimize wrinkles which makes for a easier and better fitting piece. Also inspect the pieces for visible issues. Too many times, I have had customers buy a set of seat covers and three to four years later, they go to install them only to discover an issue.

As Richard (69bfan) pointed out, Legendary has a very long lead time right now. My interior was just ordered from them this week and I'm looking at an October delivery. Even with the lead time they have right now my opinion is, Legendary and ACC. Oh, and order it through 69bfan, he is a sponsor of this site after all and a good guy to do business with.

All vendors that sell carpet now is selling the ACC brand. Not sure of the time frame that your working with, but I would not order the carpet or seat covers until you have the need for the parts. Take in mind that Legendary usually works with a four to six week turn around time from the time that the seat covers are ordered to the time that they are shipped. Due to the Corona Virus situation, you will be looking at possibly September to October on getting seat covers sewn and ready to ship. We have several orders that I am sitting on with Legendary that have been impacted by the business shut downs and once everyone is back up and running, it will take time to catch up.

On carpet sets, I can order them and they are ready to ship in 24 to 36 hours. Both carpet and seat covers need to be removed from the boxes as soon as they arrive. Lay them out flat to minimize wrinkles which makes for a easier and better fitting piece. Also inspect the pieces for visible issues. Too many times, I have had customers buy a set of seat covers and three to four years later, they go to install them only to discover an issue.

thanks mate for the answer. hm, then I guess international shipping would be much longer

carpet is not so urgent, could also be a winter project. was just thinking if I chance the seats and can do the carpet as well.

on of the front seat has some
cracks in the seam, thats why I was thinking to change that (or both of them)

and as I have to order some other parts like idler arm, reverse light lenses, windshield washer kit and and and I was thinking to order the carpet + seat covers as well

so you recommend to wait with both of them?

Auto Transport Service
Back