• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Carpet

Citrus1973

Banned
Banned
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
Ordered a new carpet set on EBAY today. Can't wait to install them. Will put in before and after photos when I get to it. Anyone have ballpark figures for re-upholstering my Ricardo Montalbons? They look like they've been parked under the sun in hell and not moved since new.

Do you have buckets? Legendary and
Fryer's have front upholstery for earlier B body bucket seats. I think theyre the same as ours, but havent been able to confirm it. The patterns might be a little different, and I have no idea if the rear seats are the same. A set runs from around 300 bucks up to 6 or 700 for NOS material. If you find out anything come back and tell us. Ive looked on the internet, but since I didnt really have any money to spend, ive never talked to anyone at either place. I feel funny about wasting peoples time if im not actually gonna buy something. Im also one of those weirdos that buys a pack of gum if I go into a convenience store to use the restroom. I dont even chew gum.

I had my complete interior, including the headliner and crusty b-pillar covers, redone (I removed and installed everything) for $1200 at Emo's in Lakeland a few years ago. Lakeland might be a bit of a haul for you but he did a fantastic job.

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 203
I had my complete interior, including the headliner and crusty b-pillar covers, redone (I removed and installed everything) for $1200 at Emo's in Lakeland a few years ago. Lakeland might be a bit of a haul for you but he did a fantastic job.

Your interior looks great.

I dont think year one or any prefab kit source has late b's, and the seats are drastically different. I dont think the ones in that picture are cordoba seats, at least my 3 sets didnt have that older style integral head rest.

I work for a auto trim shop. Ive made a back seat for my cordoba already, havent gotten to doing my own fronts, paying work comes first.

If your carpet is from ACC, i reccomend keeping the original carpet pad in place, the ACC moulded kits are usualy baggy and require a lot of underpadding and steam plus glue in the corners to fit snug and look sharp.

Im in seattle if you need some help.

The seats pictured are the originals, the covers are obviously not though. The car is a 75 and according to one "expert" the optional front buckets, and quite a few other parts, were raided from the previous generation B and even E model cars, I also have an original sales brochure that shows these seats. Now the majority of the cars were sold with a split-bench that had the standard style adjustable headrests.

By the way, these seats originally had the "rich corinthian leather" which I always thought had ugly styling, were a bit uncomfortable (giant buttons digging into my butt and all), and after 30+ years in the FL sun looked a lot like road-kill possum so I went with something a little different.

I plan on going to earlier seats on mine I hate the ones I have now.

100_1439-300.gif

Well reb, i'll take them before you throw them out. The split back bench is an awful seat, but the later buckets are fine, IMO. However i only deal with one color in my late b's. Red interior. Its the least dated, having owned a snot green and seen plenty of mystery brown, I'll take dry blood red.

Toolguy, that makes sense. My experience comes from the 78-79s, and your seats totally look like they belong in a 72 Road runner. Even that back seat is done more muscle style, with the separated pleated sections for each passenger.

I wanted a more muscular look, I was going for a "what if" concept and jokingly refer to the car as a Cordoba R/T. As far as the back seat goes, the size and placement of the pleated sections is where the original leather inserts were. When I spoke to Emo (the guy that did it) I originally envisioned vertical pleats he told me "I'll do it but you'll hate it" and suggested the horizontal instead. Obviously I made the right choice, the interior gets a lot of compliments.

I found a early Doba that has the high back seats. Do hopefully the Road Runner seat covers and foam will work. I also have to decide white or black interior to go with a new color I want to paint it. Most likely black.

My 76 also has the high-back buckets. I didn't realize they were that unusual. They appear to be the same seats used in earlier B and E bodies with a different upholstery pattern.

My 76 also has the high-back buckets. I didn't realize they were that unusual. They appear to be the same seats used in earlier B and E bodies with a different upholstery pattern.

I can say mine are uncomfortable compared to the old high backs. So my search is still on.

Auto Transport Service
Back