• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Clear or Tinted Glass for 70 GTX

gtxdana

Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
Since just about every piece of glass on my GTX I'm restoring has some kind of imperfection, I was thinking about just replacing it all.

Since it was originally a clear glass car, and A/C wasn't an option, I'm trying to decide on whether to stay with clear or go with the green tinted glass set. Tinted windows definitely keep the interior cooler, but cars have a clean look with clear glass.

Trying to keep the car mostly stock appearing, but I am keeping the headers and I'll be using 17" Rallye wheels. 1970 GTX V-code B7 Blue.

What say the masses? Clear? Green Tint? Smoke tint looks great on a blue car, but that's getting pretty far away from a "somewhat stock" restoration.

Here's an apples to apples comparison - my former A33 GTX with factory clear glass, and my current A/C car with tinted all around. I’d go tinted.
IMG_2287.JPG
Demonstrator Red Lines.jpeg

Last edited:
Since just about every piece of glass on my GTX I'm restoring has some kind of imperfection, I was thinking about just replacing it all.

Since it was originally a clear glass car, and A/C wasn't an option, I'm trying to decide on whether to stay with clear or go with the green tinted glass set. Tinted windows definitely keep the interior cooler, but cars have a clean look with clear glass.

Trying to keep the car mostly stock appearing, but I am keeping the headers and I'll be using 17" Rallye wheels. 1970 GTX V-code B7 Blue.

What say the masses? Clear? Green Tint? Smoke tint looks great on a blue car, but that's getting pretty far away from a "somewhat stock" restoration.
Who cares what anyone thinks if your car has tinted glass? I’ve got clear glass on mine and prefer it but Im also going to get all of the glass clear ceramic tinted.

Tint would be my vote on a B7 blue car. I’m just saying. Lol

40CB62C5-E614-4DDD-AFD4-7AC86C76D111.jpeg

F5BE1635-55B2-4382-956F-70BBE1D6063B.jpeg

5E9043D0-CEBB-4D67-956D-CDA3A61844AD.jpeg

E4A5332A-E209-4C96-93D4-FE7A30AB6CA2.jpeg

F9EA35B1-CA5A-4AEA-8E68-BC8467F694E5.jpeg

For some reason, you can buy the tinted glass from Auto City Classic through their E-bay store for less than it would cost ordering directly from the store. I called to find out if it was the same glass or if the E-bay stuff was a lower quality. The guy said it was the same. Not sure if I can understand the reasoning for the pricing structure with E-bay taking their cut from the sale. lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back