• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New computerized crap

Nevada dan

Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
Somebody bumped the taillight in a parking lot and broke the lens, so I order some cheap assemblies off the internet and figure while I’m at it the headlights were getting foggy so I figure I’ll just do the front too
Put all the new lights in and everything was great until one night I turn the headlights on and the abs light comes on, I checked the brake fluid and top it off drive it around and everything is working great until I turn the headlights on again, same thing abs light on
So I figure maybe the headlight bulbs so I put the old ones in, still wrong
So I pulled the taillights out put the old bulbs in and checked the wiring against the old buckets, they were wired the same so put it back together, still wrong
Finally put the old buckets in with the old bulbs and the new lenses on
Suddenly everything works right
Don’t know what they did to make them not work , guess I could have ohmed the wiring in the buckets but I wasted enough time on it
Guess I’m just getting old, just a little heads up if it happens to you

I replaced the headlights in my '11 charger rt with no issues. I know if you disconnect the battery you have to contact the negative, and positive cables together to discharge the capacitors to avoid throwing codes. A dodge dealership tech told me about that. Sounds strange that the abs light would come on.

Somebody bumped the taillight in a parking lot and broke the lens, so I order some cheap assemblies off the internet and figure while I’m at it the headlights were getting foggy so I figure I’ll just do the front too
Put all the new lights in and everything was great until one night I turn the headlights on and the abs light comes on, I checked the brake fluid and top it off drive it around and everything is working great until I turn the headlights on again, same thing abs light on
So I figure maybe the headlight bulbs so I put the old ones in, still wrong
So I pulled the taillights out put the old bulbs in and checked the wiring against the old buckets, they were wired the same so put it back together, still wrong
Finally put the old buckets in with the old bulbs and the new lenses on
Suddenly everything works right
Don’t know what they did to make them not work , guess I could have ohmed the wiring in the buckets but I wasted enough time on it
Guess I’m just getting old, just a little heads up if it happens to you
What vehicle is this on?

Auto Transport Service
Back