• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New converter = New PB at the track !

Canadian1968

Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
Just got back from the track . A decent day for racing , a head wind though. But was still able to knock if a new personal best. I had installed a new TC last month . A 3000 stall built by Pat at SMR transmissions here in Ontario Canada.

Previous best was 12.95

Today knocked off a 12.73 @ 106.86.
New best across the board . The most noticeable is approx 2.5mph In the 1/8.

I think I can probably grab a 12.5 with some more practice !

Nicely done! My daughter runs our 64 anywhere from 12.90s to 12.50s depending on the day.
So maybe even 12.40s for you in the fall

I'm sure it's been preached before, but a good converter can make all the difference.
Nice job!:thumbsup:

I do custom converters now even for "mostly" street stuff..it's just not worth saving only a couple hundered$$$ to give up the performance you can get with a well-built unit.

sweet and great job,next time take some pics for us :thumbsup:

Yep, hard to believe that a converter with more stahl can improve mph, but it happens.
I replaced a 4000 converter (that had blown up) with a custom converter built for my car. 5200 Stahl picked up in the 60 ft, and a couple tenths in the e.t., not a surprise, but it picked up three mph in the eighth too. That wasn't expected.
CONGRATULATIONS on the new PB!

It's weird I thought I would see a lot more in the 60ft but it was the least improvement so far. Although I'm still working with it. The first few were runs were off idle. The best run was with a 1500 load . Thinking that 2000 or more load will yield even better results

Auto Transport Service
Back