• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Corvette

I have already seen a few of them driving around.

They keep talking touring mode transmission.....wonder if they still offer a stick?

No, don't think so.

Wow so its a drivers sports car and all you can get is some dumb paddle shifters? Man what a bummer. I'll gladly trade .5 seconds 0-60 or whatever any day for the driving experience of the manual transmission.

Agree....took the styling from a Lamborghini and altered it a bit for the Bette....

Agreed. I think they lost the whole Vette concept with this thing. I don't care how fast it is, the car screams Ferrari. There is no more Corvette styling or heritage at all in it. For some who want to go fast it's cool I guess, but its heritage is toast in that Italian ride.....and I am no Vette guy. Just the owners usually turn my head before even seeing their car.

Last edited:
Those 0-60 times are beyond impressive , along with 1/4 mile time on only 500 HP

WOW

And like they said , it’s only the beginning

They will offer stick on future performance models from what I read or heard

meh.png

Looks good, but not like a Vette. Just my opinion.

New porsche' offers a stick only because of buyer demand.

Hefty price premium and the stick cars are slower.

Still on the fence.........and it looks more Euro to me.....no more good ole fashioned U.S. of A. ingenuity anymore when it comes to the designs of the new cars....IMO

I still see some gm in that styling.

This seems like a good place to start this-

Our boy bought a tesla (!?!)
(stay tuned for a dedicated thread)

It's not even the performance S model, but 0-60 in 3 seconds.
SRP is 38K

So will Dodge have an answer , or they don’t care , or is a new top secret Viper down the road

Aesthetically, I dig the look of the car. I went with 2 buddies to the in person unveiling at a local corvette dealer and got to do a walk around and sit in one. For the price, it’s pretty bitchin’.

To me the car it reminds me of the most is the current gen Acura NSX. That’s mostly from the side view though, especially the functional side and rear air intakes for the mid- engine and brakes. The rear lights of the new vette looks to me like an iteration of the C7 vette or maybe like the camaro and the top of the rear deck screams vette all the way with that coupe shaped bulge. I like how they placed the stingray logo on the rear deck. The front looks also like an iteration of the C7 to me as well. Interior is awesome yet the driver seat feels more separated than ever due to the large center console. It’s a targa top and the seats feel good sitting in them stationary.

I spoke with one of the three guys showing the car who were from corporate. I’m a stick guy. The corvette has built its heritage on manual transmissions. He claimed that all the way up to senior leadership says they are never ever making another stick shift corvette because none of the competition is. I disagreed and told him so. It might take a few years but I have a feeling that GM will release the manual transition option for the higher trim level ZO6 and ZR1 when they come out. If they don’t, I think there will be some customer backlash. I still can’t believe they came out with a mid engine vette. It don’t seem right. My buddy has a ZO6 7-speed stick that I got to do a ride along on a track day with him a week after that new vette came out. That ZO6 drives on rails with killer power and balance and I think I would prefer the C7, but would love to drive the new C8 ik a stick shift format to compare:)

95626DCF-9D53-4D08-8468-DA49EFF75A46.png 7ABAA650-9F8E-415D-8E41-336A6126C505.png 83CCB5CB-8480-4A97-A0A5-790F64B1E94F.png 79BD6830-CFFE-4AA8-B5F9-5FB74643C05C.png

Last edited:
I liked the styling of my old mid-engined (80 horsepower/5 speed) '70 Porsche 914 (Motor Trends "Import Car of the Year" for 1970) over this "sculpted" mess. It would squeeze out 29 MPG on the highway. My Dad and I had different tastes, he was always offering to replace my "junky" little car for me. (He was driving a giant Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham at the time) No thanks.

914.jpeg

Last edited:
It's not bad I wouldn't buy it ! But I wouldn't say no to a free one!
A stick is a must . But go to any car show and look at all the new vettes there all autos the buyers don't want a stick (to much work!)one thing for sure is the Corvette is no longer a muscle car! It's a plastic nightmare!

Auto Transport Service
Back