• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New editor at Mopar Muscle

CoronetDarter

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Got my MM in the mail today and opened it to the editor's page and SURPRISE - Randy Bolig is gone. The new editor is Johnny Hunkins, formally from PHR. Personally I've been a little disappointed in MM over the last couple of years, hopefully the change will breathe in some new life.

- - - Updated - - -

Off to a good start - got a '68 Dart on the cover, just like mine. 'Cept mine has about 80 less ci, is white, no mini-tubs, will never be on the cover of a mag lol.

After Peterson Publishing bought Mopar Muscle several years ago, you could read the same articles from Mopar Muscle in Car Craft and Hot Rod.
I still miss Performance for the Chrysler Car Enthusiast magazine.

I believe Randy is now with Amos Auto they will be re-launching a new magazine Cars & Parts

Good riddance to Randy. Way too much about him and all the free stuff he gets.

Got my MM in the mail today and opened it to the editor's page and SURPRISE - Randy Bolig is gone. The new editor is Johnny Hunkins, formally from PHR. Personally I've been a little disappointed in MM over the last couple of years, hopefully the change will breathe in some new life.

- - - Updated - - -

Off to a good start - got a '68 Dart on the cover, just like mine. 'Cept mine has about 80 less ci, is white, no mini-tubs, will never be on the cover of a mag lol.

Yeah,
I knew Randy was leaving.
I have not re-newed my subscription as of August.

I must say, i am a little concerned with his intro. "I used to work at here, it's now gone, then i went there, it's gone too, now I'm at MM......"

Johnny did a great job over at PHR while he was there and the magazine had some great articles and very good writing. Johnny is a true enthusiast, no allegiance to any particular brand and is a real car guy who drives his old cars as often as he can (and as hard as he can). I am excited to see what he does with his new job and wish him all the luck.

I do agree that I like the last two issue's of Mopar muscle then I have liked it for a good bit. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back