• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New EL Power Packs Available About 15 Feb

gibber

Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
We have finalized the design for the new EL power pack and they will be available for sale around 15 Feb. Designed by Real Time Engineering, this pack is state of the art technology and is a marked improvement over the original Chrysler design. Over voltage, under voltage, and short circuit protected, and this pack runs much cooler than the originals. Price will be 165 including shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. I and Bryan (a383wing) will have these for sale. Shall post pictures when they are delivered to me next week. One year warranty!

Thanks,

Mark (The Gauge Doc)

Also, I will still offer the rebuild service for those that have rebuildable power packs if needed

Bryan

My el seems dim, especially in the ac lighting plate which is barely noticeable. Can hardly see any el lit during the day. I plan to change the dash harness soon as year one runs another 20 percent off sale. But I still suspect some low voltage from the power pack. You guys are the pros and have probably seen this before so if the new pack will help put me down for one.

how many volts AC is your pack putting out now? Measure with a voltmeter at the white wire with meter on AC voltage at or above the 300v scale. Dim AC buttons are usually due to yellowed and faded plastic push buttons. Find out what is problem first before blindly throwing money at it first

How much will it cost me if I trade in a working A383Wing rebuilt original for the new version? LOL

New EL Pack Pics

Here are a couple of pics of the new EL packs prior to final assembly. New circuit board with transformer built in is high tech! Thanks again to Real Time Engineering for the design and manufacturing of these packs! These are available for purchase, 165 (check) includes shipping to lower 48 in the US. PayPal accepted, add 5 dollars to use PayPal (170 total)...top picture shows cooling holes, had to buy a used drill press for assembly....good thing its just aluminum!

Thanks!

Mark

Attachments

• New EL pack 2.jpg
    New EL pack 2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 524
  • New EL Pack 1.jpg
    New EL Pack 1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 551
I wished you had these before I sent my old one out to get rebuilt!

As of today, 2/25, I have three new EL powerpacks left if anyone is interested.....

Thanks,

Mark

Monies received, thanks! Shall ship this out ASAP...

Mark

Got it today; however am nowhere even close to using it, so it will go in with the rest of the parts I'm slowly accumulating. Got a Mopar buddy who also has a 67 and will probably need one. Will you be having more made in the future? He was impressed with it!

I will have more available down the road, no worries! Glad you were impressed with it...an engineering marvel IMHO....

Mark

Hi, want to buy the new powerpack for my 66 charger, i'm from Québec Canada my adress is : Alain Aubut 302 Hector-Fabre Lévis Québec Canada G6W 7T9, i can pay by paypal, can you send me an invoice at [email protected]
Thanks

They connect just like the original does, with the exception that the bracket screws go in from the bottom of the case unlike the OE pack that screwed in from the top. I just ordered 5 more so will have a couple for sale next week (around the 22nd of April). Due to increases in postage, price is 170 to the lower 48. If anywhere else, can get you a quote for shipping charges. PM if interested....

Thanks!

Mark

Ordered 5 more, only have one left as of 5/7/15. PM me if interested. 170 dollars including shipping to the lower 48.

Thanks,

Mark

I have one left here for sale, $170 with free mailing to lower 48 States. I did a test for amperage draw today, only draws .3 amps from fuse box. The original power pack draws .7 amps....

Also, no hum or getting hot like the OE style. Send me a PM if wanting this last one I have.

Pictures of finished unit below

Bryan

Attachments

• 100e4167.jpg
    100e4167.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 100e4168.jpg
    100e4168.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 100e4169.jpg
    100e4169.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 282
  • 100e4170.jpg
    100e4170.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 286
any chance these are still available anywhere?

It's the power supply for electroluminescent interior lights for the first generation chargers. A very cool feature.

Auto Transport Service
Back