• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy from Belgium ! Want a beer ?

ELLIOT

Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
GOd damnit ! It's a beer not a bear ... phone corrector

Hello everyone !

I'm Elliot, from Belgium, I'm 18 and I'm car fan, mechanic guy, MOPAR guy and most important B-body lover ! :headbang:

For the story, I saw the duke of hazzard movie when I was 10 and bla bla bla .. Fast N Furious saga Blabla bla ... I litteraly fell in love with the line of the Dodge Charger !

In 2012 I discover the french Mopar Owners Club and I learn a lot of thing. I realise that I could get a B-body ! Yup, me the little kid with a B BODY ! I wasn't fix with the model but it had to be a B-body! So I do my homework, estimate, search, ... Look for what parts I should put on my futur car.

I had a limited budget and wanted the best car as possible (like everyone else right ?) It hadn't to be the faster but I wanted to daily drived it and a glorious big block !

Back in 2015, it's january, I'm just 18 and a friend send me an ad of a 69 Charger Basic Roller with out engine, it fit my price range and It's already in Europe !

After a lot of hard stories, discussing, thinking, I bought the Charger. And then I had my dream car, my Hunicorn at 18.

Here it's :

img_2016.jpg

img_2017.jpg

dsc_1213.jpg

dsc_1214.jpg

dsc_1215.jpg

I was the happyest guy on the planet !

image_25.jpg

The fender tag :

XP29:
Dodge Charger
Premium
2 Door Sports Hardtop

H9B: 383 330HP OR 335HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

E63: 383 cid 4 barrel V8 H.P. 335hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
B3: Light Blue Metallic Exterior Color
C6D: Trim - Charger, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Blue
B7: Medium Blue Metallic Int. Door Frames
325: Build Date: March 25
330230: Order number

A01: Unknown Top Color
A41: 69 only White Hat Special w/vinyl roof
B51: Power Brakes
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55: Bucket Seats
G11: Tinted Glass (all)

G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M25: Wide sill moldings
M31: Belt Moldings

R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V1X: Unknown
26: 26in Radiator
END: End of Sales Codes

dsc_1216.jpg

it's been 4 months since I bought it. And I'm still amaze by the car. I still can believe what I did !
Unfortunately, I'm still in high school and I have to work all the time. I'm in senior year (The last one!) and I have to study for my exams

So the only thing I did to the car is remove the complete front end and the interior

img_2027.jpg

img_2036.jpg

The front grille was in bad shape :icon_cry:

pano_210.jpg

img_2040.jpg

I rebuild every piece of my grille. Just bought a small piece of grille to rebuild mine ;)

New lower control arm stiffened with Mancini plates
img_2044.jpg

And the engine

p1060310.jpg

A beautiful 440 rebuild by a friend (he swapping a 512 in his Cuda) :hello2: with the brand new 727 transmission.

I will create a new post for the restoration and also what I'm planning.

Elliot.

Ps: I'm sorry for my poor english !

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome in to FBBO Elliot. :hello2: Don't worry about your English, it's perfectly fine. :icon_winkle:

Your car looks great, the grill is fixable, if not Classic Industries sells new ones.

Welcome to FBBO! Nice Charger!!

great story Elliot, and welcome to the b-body forums. there's lots of info on this website, and lots of smart folk who will help you on your new endeavor. cheers!

Congrats !!! I got my first b-body at 20, a 1970 Plymouth Satellite convertible. Drove it for 4 years in college.

Welcome to the site and b body's, great story love when something like that works out for someone. That's a good looking charger I've had much worse . Your English is very good by the way I've delt with a lot of over seas buyers and your by far the easiest to understand. Good luck with your project and if you need any help with parts just p.m. me and I can try and help you out

Nice. Welcome! Yes, goddam that auto-correct. Have not seen a Navy-Pea coat as we called them since 1968.

I took the sport steering wheel off to get a better ergo straight arm driving. I put on a nice Momo, but a cheap Grant will do the same. Factory AC car too!

Well, Thank you everybody ! :hello2:

I'm going to create a resto thread as soon as possible ! But as I said, for now, there is nothing really intrusting

welcome to FBBO

you have allot of work ahead of you

good luck & Happy Moparing

Welcome to the site! My first Mopar was also a 1969 Charger. Hopefully you'll have better luck with yours than I did with mine. It looks like you have a very solid car to start your project. Best of luck and keep us all posted on your progress.

I should also mention that Belgium is such a beautiful country! I was lucky enough to visit in 2008 (along with Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic and Germany) and it was a fantastic place to visit. My favorite country by far.

Best beer in the world!

Auto Transport Service
Back