• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy from Western PA with a 67 Race Car theme! (Pics Inside)

Herk

Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
I picked up a 67 Belvedere project last month in a trade on a motorcycle I had.

Long story short the wife wouldn't ride the bike and I had owned it for 10 years and only put 3k miles on it so I obviously wasn't riding it either. So late one night I asked the wife if I got rid of the motorcycle could I get a old 2 door car and she obliged.

I always had this idea in my head of doing a old circle track themed car. I went on FB marketplace auto section, set the years from 1929-1972 and typed in "motorcycle trade." This was the first and only car that came up. I sent the guy a quick message went to sleep.

After talking to the fella the next day and the exchanges of many pics were decided to meet up and check out the car. We met up and the deal was done. Just like that my bike of 10 years was gone and I was the owner of a sweet two door muscle car project.

It needed some body work (thanks Dad) and a lot of general assembly. A previous owner had disassembled tons of stuff and quit. Here's the car the day it was coming home:

0oZAhT3.jpg

vvvWxrr.jpg

yQLy0Ot.jpg

0p31mjv.jpg

318 out of a 89 truck I'm told.
UeI0nj8.jpg

Here's my photoshop skills of what I wanted to do to it.

disM1AL.jpg

Here's a few pics as we worked on it in order.

EOqC4vc.jpg

VT3fgSG.jpg

I5EwzJj.mp4

Ztkqmnu.jpg

hJ0mQeu.jpg

I have a small decal outfit on the side and I made every decal on this from start to finish. I wanted more period-correct decals. Here's the first batch of decals going on:

MreoeCH.jpg

I have nothing against aluminum slots but I wanted a more race car style wheel. So I went with a set of steel wheels off of a crown vic. I wanted a set of Goodyear Eagle tires until I actually priced them. So I went with a set of BFGoodrich 235/60/15's I found locally.
The car in the background is a late 70's Street Stock my father is restoring to run around in nostalgia races.

qPWAsET.jpg

I took the car to a local motorcycle rally yesterday. It was really well received.

2HomxIT.jpg

Today I added a front air-dam I had lying around.

WDuH1q4.jpg

SCzPaA6.jpg

Stopped by my parents and took a few pics next to my father's 65 Belvedere.

vWUbdD6.jpg

9LyUfhu.jpg

In total I have about $3900 in the car. (Bike was valued at roughly 3200, 200 for title fees, 250 for tires, 20 for wheels, and maybe 200 in misc parts and paint.)

I painted it with spray cans. I know that might be sacrilegious but I'll never lose sleep over a scratch and I'm driving the heck out of the thing. I want to enjoy it! Lastly I'm looking for a nicer front bumper (something without big holes in it) if anyone knows of anything.

Have fun guys! I am!

Welcome to the forum.:welcome: A nice and creative way of getting in the hobby

Welcome from NW CT. Love the story, the look and your git-er-done attitude. Very cool man and I hope it's loud too...

Love what you've done. Looks great! Good luck and most of all have fun and be safe.:thumbsup:

Thanks for coming to FBBO, had a buddy from Windber in boot camp many years ago.

Looks like you’re having a blast! That’s what they’re for... Welcome to FBBO from SoCal

Herk, Good job,That's the best kinda old car to have. Drive the heck out of it !

Welcome aboard! Looks badass, drive it like you stole it. Love your story.

So your in the decal business ? Wanta make some for us ? I'm almost ready to letter my old 63.Been thinking about what I want.

welcome from the show state!!!

So your in the decal business ? Wanta make some for us ? I'm almost ready to letter my old 63.Been thinking about what I want.
I am! I just have a small cutter and do stuff on the side. I don’t know about making stuff like this for other people though. Like profiting off of logos I didn’t draw.

Auto Transport Service
Back