• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Guy - Happy New Year everyone !!

tallhair

Rufus "Mod-hair" Firefly
Staff member
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
Hello FBBO! I am new here but have owned MOPARS since I was 16, which is 31 years ago nowadays (I'm 47 years old for those of you that were told there would be no math :icon_winkle: ). I haven't been active in the hobby for about 10 years now but have been thinking about getting involved again for the past few years (I was out of the country from 2004-2008 and have been taking care of family matters and starting a new career since returning).

I have a 70 RR that's a little worse for wear that I've owned since i was 16/1981 and a 68 Coronet R/T Convert original drivetrain car. The RR now has a 70 440+6 motor that I got years ago from extras when i bought another RR, a limelight original 440+6 car. My 70 is a Rallye Red w/ black vinyl roof, back hood stripe, bucket seat, N96, tic-toc-tach, console, AM 8 track, deck lid/rear stripe delete, 383 car but the original 383 was long gone before i got it. The original owner said he blew it up before the warranty expired at 50K. He ordered it with the hemi suspension/3.91 gear ratio (A91/A31/32? can't recall my codes very well these days so i need to do a little studying) and it's a 4 Speed. The 4 Speed is matching numbers though and is shifted by that big crooked pistol grip.

The R/T i bought in approx 1999 with 84K on it. It's still under 89K now. The drivetrain has matching VIN #s. The car is red w/black convert top, and white buddy seat/bucket interior, and column shifted 727. It's a older paint job and needs refreshed but it looked good and ran even better before i went overseas (10 yrs ago now!). My dad used to start the cars every once in a while but they have been sitting since he passed and i just didn't feel like messing them for quite a while after that among other things. Both cars have been stored in a garage since 2003.

Well i hope i didn't ramble too much and I look forward to being a member of this community, reading and commenting occasionally.

Thanks for having me,

Tallhair

hi and welcome to the site,we love car **** so get to it :headbang:

welcome to FBBO, Happy New Year right back at ya, It's good to have you here...

Finally got some pictures up!

The R/T i bought in approx 1999 with 84K on it. It's still under 89K now. The drivetrain has matching VIN #s. The car is red w/black convert top, and white buddy seat/bucket interior, and column shifted 727. It's a older paint job and needs refreshed but it looked good and ran even better before i went overseas (10 yrs ago now!)...stored since 2002.

Tallhair

68 RT Convert drivers side.jpg68 RT Convert pass side.jpg68 RT Convert rear interior shot.jpg68 RT Convert rear pass.jpg68 RT Convert fr left.jpg68 RT Convert fr rt.jpg

I have a 70 RR that's a little worse for wear that I've owned since i was 16/1981 and a 68 Coronet R/T Convert original drivetrain car. The RR now has a 70 440+6 motor that I got years ago from extras when i bought another RR, a limelight original 440+6 car. My 70 is a Rallye Red w/ black vinyl roof, back hood stripe, bucket seat, N96, tic-toc-tach, console, AM 8 track, deck lid/rear stripe delete, 383 car but the original 383 was long gone before i got it. The original owner said he blew it up before the warranty expired at 50K. He ordered it with the hemi suspension/3.91 gear ratio (A91/A31/32? can't recall my codes very well these days so i need to do a little studying) and it's a 4 Speed. The 4 Speed is matching numbers though and is shifted by that big crooked pistol grip.

70 RR My Fender tag BOOM.jpg

i CANNOT TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM MOPAR PEOPLE!!!!! I JUST FOUND MY 70 RR FENDER TAG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been worried about it for several years now and every time i thought about the cars it made me sick because i was afraid it had gotten lost forever in my many moves with the AF or was gone for good with my dad's things. I just found it and and am in a state of euphoria and just had to tell someone that understands these things. sorry for my rant and i hope you can understand, in fact i'm pretty sure you do.

P.S. i am probably stupid but blacked out serial number because i wasn't sure if it was a good idea to post on the intertubes. any thoughts on that / is there any harm with having complete vin out there wide open?

Congrats! I know just how you feel. I thought mine was gone too, until it showed up in the bottom of a tool drawer.

-=Photon440=-

Auto Transport Service
Back