• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Guy here, seeking a ‘69 to make my retirement car

Dave Ferrell

Local time
10:07 AM
Reaction score
Greetings all,

Saw the suggestion to announce myself so here I go. I posted my WTB over in that section.

Im in Houston, recently retired law enforcement/military vet of thirty five yrs service. I’ve got two boys who are beginning to catch the car bug from me.

My dad has been gone for a while but he set the hook in me, as I’m sure is the case w most of us here.

Born in 66 of course I got the ‘69 Charger bug from watching that Orange on on TV jumping over bridges n stuff.

So that’s my deal. I love these cars and seek to obtain my first one ever.

Anybody willing to help me do that by shooting some info my way please see my post over in WTB section.

Thanx much guys…

Dave

Welcome from Alabama Dave. I have many Mopars, but not a 69. Good luck in your hunt.

Welcome from Georgia.

Welcome aboard Dave! Good luck on your car! They are out there. But yes getting pricey.

Welcome from central Illinois! Just went through what you're doing now. BaT (bringatrailer.com) is a good one to watch. So is eBay. Beware of the phony sites that list ridiculous low prices for top flight cars. Be patient and you'll find that right one, the one you just can't live without.

Welcome from Alabama Dave. I have many Mopars, but not a 69. Good luck in your hunt.
Thanx much Brother.... I know they are out there.. Hoping to avoid holding dealers and scamming thieves by tapping into the intelligence within the community here. Much obliged.... D

i just popped you a wanted ad over on the fb group too.
some of the heavy hitters are there as well.

i just popped you a wanted ad over on the fb group too.
some of the heavy hitters are there as well.

Outstanding, much obliged Bro...

I don't do the FB myself, only socmed I have is LinkedIn... Used to do hush hush type work and have stayed off that stuff mostly, but for what it's worth if anybody wants to know me and my deal, here is my LI https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-ferrell-msme-58a0b754/

SO just my way of proving bona-fides. Not a scammer. Not a thief. Really retired. And now really here trying to learn from you guys how to do what I've been wanting to do.

Appreciate any and all advice, generally, and help like this in finding my ride.

Dave

There's one that was discussed here recently...

There's one that was discussed here recently...
The shell with the welds from hell? If that's the one you are referring to, I will pass on the PO's behalf :rolleyes:.

Does it matter? Lol. I believe the best year in US automotive design history. JMO. Good luck on the Mopar hunt. I'm guessing looking to spend some for something that doesn't need a total overhaul? (Isn't everyone.) But will shoot possible discovery your way. Especially south Texas.

Auto Transport Service
Back