• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Guy in the house

Bryan H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of reading here. Been an ABody guy for years and looking to finally purchase a 65 Coronet 500 in pretty nice condition. Any areas on these cars that are prone to decay? I haven't a clue where to look!
I'd buy this car at the drop of a hat because I love everything about these cars!
Any advice is great. Can't wait to scan this board. Thx :thumbsup:

Welcome to FBBO from sunny SoCal. Good luck in finding the right car. This is a great place to start looking.

Welcome from the U.K Bryan
Like you, I'm a new (ish) member and Imho this is without doubt THE forum for B Body's .... There are some very genuine and very helpful people here - Good luck with finding your new ride mate :thumbsup:

Welcome from Illinois. As far as spots to look for, the cowl area. When you open the hood the area that is the first step down from the cowl panel likes to rust out due to no paint protection from underneath.
Look at the front floor boards the wiper pivots usually leak and the carpet gets wet and viola rust through. Shumacher makes replacement pivot gaskets.
The lower cowl on the passenger side likes to rust due to debris getting stuck in the drain vents. The rubber flap on the firewall is one drain, the other is hidden by the pass side fender. Try and flush them out.
The trim around the back window, unscrew it and look at the bottom section, there is usually debris that is stuck in there which causes which water comes in and rusts out trunk floor under the mat.

Welcome from NW CT. Feel free to post photos of the car(s) you are looking at - especially any areas you are questioning or concerned with. Some of us here may be able to see something good, bad or ugly that may help you with your purchase. Good luck!

welcome to FBBO sounds like a good car post some pics when you get it home

Another welcome from Ohio. We're all waiting on pics!

Auto Transport Service
Back