• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new guy

inverse1216

Local time
8:17 PM
Reaction score
just "picked up" this 1969 Plymouth satellite. this car was my dads and as far back as I can remember as a child this car always resided in the garage on jack stands. according to the plate the last time it saw the road was in 1987 (I was born in 84). as I progressed through life this car was always in the back of my mind hoping one day to put it back on the road. finally the time had come to where I was at point in life that I could claim the car and make hope a reality. I picked the car up over the 4th of july weekend from my childhood home outside of Chicago and brought it to north Carolina where I live now. ive started the process to bring the car to a running driving state and plan to take my 3 little girls to the local car shows. Ive attached some photos for your viewing pleasure. enjoy. looking forward to being a active member on the forum.

digicam pics 100.JPG 20190704_123542.jpg 20190704_150913.jpg 20190709_102001.jpg 20190708_121008.jpg

Congrats on the Sat!

Thanks for sharing pictures and welcome to the forum!

Welcome from Alabama, looks like you have a nice no rust Satellite. A little TLC and your ready to cruise.

That looks like an interesting project! Welcome and enjoy

Welcome from Alabama, looks like you have a nice no rust Satellite. A little TLC and your ready to cruise.

very little rust, about a quarter size spot on the rear right quarter behind the wheel above the trim and a spot on the passenger side rocker panel but I cant complain I have seen much worse. bore scoped the cylinders and they look to be in very good shape other then your typical carbon build up.

Welcome to FBBO from SoCal - Love the 69 Satty! Good luck on restoration

Hello, nice story & car. Get it on the road & put the (s)miles on it!

Welcome from across the pond. Congrats on the Satellite, looks real straight. Well done on posting pics straight up too, everyone loves that. Enjoy your family time with the girls, they don’t stay little forever. Start ‘em young and they’ll carry on the tradition.:thumbsup:

Welcome from across the pond. Congrats on the Satellite, looks real straight. Well done on posting pics straight up too, everyone loves that. Enjoy your family time with the girls, they don’t stay little forever. Start ‘em young and they’ll carry on the tradition.:thumbsup:

thanks as I make progress I will make sure to post up more pictures. we have a local car show here every month and my girls always enjoy going to see the variety of cars that come.

Welcome from Michigan. Nice Satty who have there. Your girls will love driving around in that. You know you will need to get 2 more so each of your girls gets one when they start driving.....:rolleyes:

:welcome:
Looks like a very manageable project.

A lot of good info and helpful people here.

Post any questions you have.

Auto Transport Service
Back