• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Hemi Block from Jason Line

Endangered Species

Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
Just seen this on Facebook. I think it's the old BullDog casting. From what I've read, Wescott has them in stock. I'd be curious what other configurations you can get it in. I'm sure it's not cheap... right now there is no such thing as a cheap block.

1663526299622.png

You have a link other than Facebook ?
I don't/won't do facebook

I found LinePerformance too, but it's all facebook crap also
or old **** about Jason's P/S career, nothing about the blocks

all I could find is facebook crap
& nothing about Charlie Westcott &/or the Hemi JLine blocks
sort of strange, people do that ****

You have a link other than Facebook ?
I don't/won't do facebook

I found LinePerformance too, but it's all facebook crap also
or old **** about Jason's P/S career, nothing about the blocks

all I could find is facebook crap
& nothing about Charlie Westcott &/or the Hemi JLine blocks
sort of strange, people do that ****
I flipping HATE Facebook, but that’s how everyone does business now. All the racetracks around here only put current info out on Facebook.

You can purchase the 440 block as well as the Hemi block from Line performance. The blocks are currently out of stock. I am waiting on a 440 block.

You can purchase the 440 block as well as the Hemi block from Line performance. The blocks are currently out of stock. I am waiting on a 440 block.
Did you ever get a block? are they RB based or B like the Bulldog?

n
Just seen this on Facebook. I think it's the old BullDog casting. From what I've read, Wescott has them in stock. I'd be curious what other configurations you can get it in. I'm sure it's not cheap... right now there is no such thing as a cheap block.

View attachment 1344754
no such thing as a cheap HEMI period ...

@Endangered Species

did you ever get that block ?

how much ?

inquiring minds want to know

if you did ?
how did the machinist like it ?
waas there a lot of extra work needed,
lifter bores sleeved, decks straightened, need final bore/hone, line hone ? etc.

if you didn't ?
have they corresponded with you, on when or if it will be there ?
or are they even still available ?

I talked to Jason at PRI for over an hour. He already builds a Billet Chevy block. Definately a very tallented guy. I don't think you'll see any issues with this block. The Chevy piece was a work of art.
Doug

keith black has a great alum. wedge and hemi block option , I know a guy the has the 4.50 bore / wedge version ..
Bill Mitchell has his "circa 2019" redesign aluminum Wedge and Hemi blocks as well, in 2 bore sizes, the larger being 4.50, the Wedge that I bought.

a 4.5 inch hemi block / new
seems like the norm OUT OF STOCK if you want one you better get it when one comes up

Last edited:
block has been in storage has that coating on entire block used for storage
have a rotating assembly coming from scat total 4.5 bore 4.25 stroke 540 cubes
normal machine work to machine shop to smoke over
block measures actually around 4.48 inch shop will hone to size / check lline bore normal machine work this is my first hemi and a lot of chedder to go with it

Not being a machinist, I can only pass along what I have been told by my builder who has done a number of the redesigned BMP aluminum blocks, and the several stories, not posts, but actual articles, on those "new" blocks.
Absolute minimal, as in bringing the 4.49 sleeves out to 4.50. Nothing compared to the company that has been an exclusive Mopar Nation aftermarket provider that had a change of ownership a few years ago, which made the multiple nightmare stories from experienced Mopar builders all that much more disturbing.
I had my own 3rd party experience with Bulldog, on behalf of one of their clients. I'm glad I didn't go that route, but I have no recent experience with anyone but Bill Mitchell.

talked with Bill M personally he gave me good advice on rotating balanced assembly (scat) assembly - on order
block i have is cast siamese

block has been in storage has that coating on entire block used for storage
have a rotating assembly coming from scat total 4.5 bore 4.25 stroke 540 cubes
normal machine work to machine shop to smoke over
block measures actually around 4.48 inch shop will hone to size / check lline bore normal machine work this is my first hemi and a lot of chedder to go with it
Is it a J-Line Hemi Block ?
like described by the OP
or some other aftermarket block (unnamed) you paid $6700 for

Auto Transport Service
Back