• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Hemi Electronics

mdurbahn

Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score
alot of the older posts have people preferring to use stand alone engine management like aem or fast or even switching to carbs.

now more recently it looks like using stock computer and diablo tuner is a common selection. what's the negatives to that combo? to me it sounds like the best option.

the AEM / Mopar controller is shipped with the crate engines

AEM can kiss my left nut... not exactly a good system and customer service blows

Stock computer - wiring harness has to be modified and computer must be flashed

I am running the stock PCM in my 6.1L

The harness does have to be modified but w/ the Diablo you can have a Diablo CMR dealer email you custom tunes vs. sending your ECM off to be reprogrammed each time you need an adjustment.

In our shop we are starting on a carbed 5.7 and an oem fuel injected (w/ diablo) stroked 6.1 in two cars.

One suggestion is to use a 2004+ OEM ECM in your application. It allows more flexibility w/ the Diablo.

I have been looking at the "mega-squirt" system. It is a custom or self built controller that uses open-source software. You can scavenge the sensors from other applications in the bone yard. You can download some pre-made fuel and timing maps to get you started. It is a little on the tech-geek side, but there are groups and forums out there that are happy to help you. I've read that you can do a whole set-up for about $1500. If I was ready for that stage of my project I'd be working on it now. I have some links if you are interested. Scotty. ****! Just realized this is a dead thread! Hope this helps someone anyway!!

Auto Transport Service
Back