• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Here with First Mopar Project

Paul Martinez

Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,
My names Paul from PA. I wanted to share my project with all of you. I've had mustangs and Camaros, but I recently purchased a 67' Coronet roller. Has a cheetah shifter, alumnum driveshaft, dana 60, steel quarters, fenders, doors. I was able to get a 727 trans with gearsets in it and reverse manual valve body out of it but needs to be put together. Looking for a shop for that. I also found a 440 big block with zeeker heads and indy intake, offset jessel rockers, solid roller cam with .725 lift, roller lifters, BME aluminum rods. Wedge pistons. The engine sat since 2012 and was in hurricane sandy in long island, ny. 6 rods were good but they are 40 years old so I cannot get a reproduction. 2 pistons were eaten up so need a whole new set as well. Machine shop says ill be able to save the crank, cam, block so that's good news. I have the engine all apart. Have the car working on it little by little. Look forward to updating you guys along the way. I want to make a 1/4 mile street/strip car. very limited street. NOS on the big block. 300 shot. Can anyone recommend what pistons and rods are good for nitrous? I'm so disappointed the aluminum rods I cant get to complete the set. Is it just as god to go with forged steel rods? for the NOS? I have 3.75 lift on a steel Lunati Racer Series Crank. Bore is at 4.33in so I'm assuming the block is .010 over. Havent took it to the machine shop yet but used micrometer. Should i use the same piston design for the NOS? I'm sure I'm gonna need your experience for advice, guidance and help. I hope to count on it. I felt a sense that owning a mopar is being different and look forward to joining the community. Thanks,

car 45.jpg car 46.jpg car 47.jpg car 48.jpg car 49.jpg car 50.jpg car 51.jpg car 52.jpg car 139.jpg

Welcome and cool ride. If I may suggest one thing. Paint the engine bay body color. I wish I would have done this when I had the engine out. blacked out engine compartments are a chevy thing. No offence.

Welcome and cool ride. If I may suggest one thing. Paint the engine bay body color. I wish I would have done this when I had the engine out. blacked out engine compartments are a chevy thing. No offence.
You know I agree with you I was gonna go the body color but its hard to match it. Its like a red wine color. There's still time to change it.

Welcome to FBBO from Western NY.

You know I agree with you I was gonna go the body color but its hard to match it. Its like a red wine color. There's still time to change it.
Some paint stores can make rattle can matching paint. I bought 3 cans for my 1966 Belvedere.

Welcome to FBBO from sunny NorCal Sierras

Welcome now that you made the switch to mopar you will never go back.

Welcome from North Florida!!!
Nice project
Not sure about that block though.
Hopefully the machine shop can save it.

Welcome from North Florida!!!
Nice project
Not sure about that block though.
Hopefully the machine shop can save it.
thanks! I know, it looks horrible, but the machine shop said he can save it. If i show you how it looked initially removing the oil pan you would say its trash.

Auto Transport Service
Back