• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Holley 3310 carb - is the aluminum version a good option?

Backpacker

Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
On Holley's website they show 3 different types of the 3310 carb: Dichromate(zinc body), polished aluminum(zinc body), and polished aluminum(aluminum body).

Considering today's fuels, would the aluminum unit dissipate heat better than the zinc, but suffer from oxidation issues?

I’ve been running Carter & Edelbrock aluminum carbs for decades without issues external or internal on regular gas (87 - 93 octane) pre E10 days and of course, the current mix, E10.

IMHO....The origional Holley 780 CFM R-3310 Model 4150 was zinc dichromate colored. Subsequent variations, the R3310-1 and the -2, were also zinc dichromate colored. The newer variations, -3,-4, etc switched to aluminum bodies, either polished or not, changed to 4160 designs and 750 CFM. Which is better??? My preference is the R3310-1. I believe the origional R3310 design was built for the GM L-88 application. The R3310-1 was made for the after market and with the optional hardware (throttle and kick down linkage) was easily adaptable to Mopar and Ford. Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back