• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Hood & Scoop

Mike Gaines

Local time
10:42 AM
Reaction score
Just received my new lightweight (pin-on) hood and 5" tall HEMI Scoop today.
I bought them from GLASSTEK (Chicago suburb).
They shipped my order 9 days after I placed it.
Gave me tracking number (etc) and it arrived on time just a few days later by Truck.

IF YOU EVER ARE SHOPPING FOR MOPAR FIBERGLASS PARTS THIS THE PLACE.

1) Excellent customer service.
2) Gave me full pricing including frt up front before shipment
3) Hood & scoop arrive without one single scratch, etc
4) Packing was excellent. Heavy cardboard box and inside the box was a 2x6 wood perimeter so the box could not get crushed.
5) Quality (and thickness) of the fiberglass hood and scoop were way beyond perfect. The scoop contour lined up perfectly with the contour of the hood. Hood is spot on the exact measurement for width and length.
6) Ready for paint with little or no preparation.
I highly recommend this supplier.

20171205_134638.jpg 20171205_132823.jpg

20171205_132823.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, mind me asking what the price was? I have a “6 pack” scoop now but think Bag of switching to the hemi style

Looks like some paint is in your future.

I have INDY heads along with the Tall INDY single plane Intake manifold, 2" spacer and Dominator carb plus I install a 2" tall 9" diameter air cleaner during transport to and from track and still have room for all that under their 5" tall Hemi Scoop. 5 1/4" tall in front and 3 1/4" tall in rear.
Go to their website at GLASSTEK.COM

Just received my new lightweight (pin-on) hood and 5" tall HEMI Scoop today.
I bought them from GLASSTEK (Chicago suburb).
They shipped my order 9 days after I placed it.
Gave me tracking number (etc) and it arrived on time just a few days later by Truck.

IF YOU EVER ARE SHOPPING FOR MOPAR FIBERGLASS PARTS THIS THE PLACE.

1) Excellent customer service.
2) Gave me full pricing including frt up front before shipment
3) Hood & scoop arrive without one single scratch, etc
4) Packing was excellent. Heavy cardboard box and inside the box was a 2x6 wood perimeter so the box could not get crushed.
5) Quality (and thickness) of the fiberglass hood and scoop were way beyond perfect. The scoop contour lined up perfectly with the contour of the hood. Hood is spot on the exact measurement for width and length.
6) Ready for paint with little or no preparation.
I highly recommend this supplier.

View attachment 546968 View attachment 546969

View attachment 546967

Very happy for you Mike and that is the way fibreglass should look and be packaged!

Nice looking stuff

good luck

4”? IIRC
You should have room for some amount of air filter. Think it might be a wait and see. I went with a 1" drop base on my Dominator with a 16" element and that helped.

Looks great Mike. It’s always nice when your purchase exceeds your expectations. Looks like they don’t make 66/7 Plymouth hoods.

Does anyone remember the name of the co.
before it became Glasstek ? some 23 years ago,
they've been in business for 35+ years IIRC
didn't they merge or buy out someone ?

I just can't remember it's driving me nuts... :lol:

Looks great Mike. Ron

Budniks, the company you are probably thinking of is VFN out of Addison Ill. Glasstek broke away from them eons ago. I just bought a hood scoop from Glasstek not too long ago. Initially it looked ok, but I went to fit it whomever made it couldnt cut a straight line and several of the mounting clips actually were below the edge. I called them up and they made me a new scoop. 2nd one much much better. Clips are still kinda funky, now a little to far up, going to have to make spacers. Other than the clips being meh.... its nice. Good thing I live fairly close, and didnt have to deal with shipping. Their customer service is very good in comparison to a lor of companies nowadays..

Budniks, the company you are probably thinking of is VFN out of Addison Ill. Glasstek broke away from them eons ago. I just bought a hood scoop from Glasstek not too long ago. Initially it looked ok, but I went to fit it whomever made it couldnt cut a straight line and several of the mounting clips actually were below the edge. I called them up and they made me a new scoop. 2nd one much much better. Clips are still kinda funky, now a little to far up, going to have to make spacers. Other than the clips being meh.... its nice. Good thing I live fairly close, and didnt have to deal with shipping. Their customer service is very good in comparison to a lor of companies nowadays..

OK thanks, good to know :thankyou:
I knew they were affiliated with someone else...
I'm not sure that's what co. I was thinking of :realcrazy:,
but my memory is suspect at times too :BangHead:

OK thanks, good to know :thankyou:
I knew they were affiliated with someone else...
I'm not sure that's what co. I was thinking of :realcrazy:,
but my memory is suspect at times too :BangHead:

Not a problem, happy to help. People here have helped me on numerous occasions, just trying to help someone else out.

Auto Transport Service
Back