• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new LED octane headlights and aftermarket factory radio

Texas charger 73

Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
i recently installed a custom autosound factory looking updated stereo and it sounds and plays great.... i also upgraded from factory headlights to Octane lighting 6k Led and man what a difference...

radio new.jpg
headlight new.old.jpg
headlight new.jpg

I was kinda curious on the octane lights. My GTX has pretty good light out put with the halogens and relays, but with some of the oem headlights I’ve been thinking about upgrading. My 78 Lil Red has shitty lights, and my 280zx had shitty lights but I put leds, and I’m really happy with those, but they’re too modern for my Lil Red and GTX.

How blue is the the light, and how well do they fan out to the side of the road?

885A0C8D-E706-4A89-A5D4-1F7E6DEBDFE8.jpeg

its actually not blue at all, but a clean crisp white.. i still have to fine adjust mine then ill get pictures on the road at night to post... i just been busy working

did you have to do any mods for headlights?

Good, that’s my other problem with some led lights, and why I don’t really want to part with the halogens. I like a good clean white light.

Are those a true LED headlight? I bought some headlights from Octane a few years back - LED Halos. I was uinder the impression I was buying LED headlights with halos but they're actually halogen headlights with LED halos.

Are those a true LED headlight? I bought some headlights from Octane a few years back - LED Halos. I was uinder the impression I was buying LED headlights with halos but they're actually halogen headlights with LED halos.
these are true led... they come with halogen bulbs, but also the led bulbs.. you just pop out the halogen bulbs and put in the led bulbs, but you have to order the 6K kit to get led bulbs

nope, no mods at all...

Mods probably depend on the year of the vehicle. On my '69 I had to open up the holes in the headlight buckets by quite a bit. Noticed that on some other cars at Carlisle. But I have seen some with the holes big enough - just don't know year/make/model. Anyhow, it wasn't a big deal - a good pair of snips and a sanding drum in a die grinder made good fast work of it.

If you want better light, but want to keep the OEM look, this is what I run on my '70 Charger:

81+NTwrtoKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B001G7A9YS
Hella sealed-beam conversion lights, run either the included H4 halogen bulbs, or I switch to H4 hi-lo HID kits. My Charger has HID hi-lo in the outer low-beam units, and H4 hi-only in the inner units. I run a 4300k white hi-lo, with a 3000k (amber) highbeam. LOVE them.

I've run the Hella stuff on my motorcycles for years and love 'em. Similar look to OEM, great beam spread, and with the HID's they're super bright without blinding oncoming cars. I shy away from LEDs for low beams though, because they don't generate heat to keep the lenses clear in cold weather like snow and ice. Not as big a deal on our collectors, but, say, in my '06 Wrangler? I need a light that will de-ice itself.

If you want better light, but want to keep the OEM look, this is what I run on my '70 Charger:

View attachment 1401998

Amazon product ASIN B001G7A9YS
Hella sealed-beam conversion lights, run either the included H4 halogen bulbs, or I switch to H4 hi-lo HID kits. My Charger has HID hi-lo in the outer low-beam units, and H4 hi-only in the inner units. I run a 4300k white hi-lo, with a 3000k (amber) highbeam. LOVE them.

I've run the Hella stuff on my motorcycles for years and love 'em. Similar look to OEM, great beam spread, and with the HID's they're super bright without blinding oncoming cars. I shy away from LEDs for low beams though, because they don't generate heat to keep the lenses clear in cold weather like snow and ice. Not as big a deal on our collectors, but, say, in my '06 Wrangler? I need a light that will de-ice itself.
Octane Lighting also carry factory original look with led as well.

One tip if you have hidden headlights.
I own these Octane bulbs, on hidden headlight cars you need to add a resistor since there is no resistance in the led and the relay thinks the lights are always on.
So bright I made my high beams into yellow fogs with a yellow bulb.
No cutting or modifying of any kind.

Auto Transport Service
Back