• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New life for old 4 speeds or help for ones that can't shift.....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
It works great as a plug.......uh, pun? But I'm thinking it's an aid for shiftless people.

IMG_20200919_153714621.jpg

"Spark-O-Matic"
Wow, now THERE'S a name I haven't heard in decades....wayback machine material. :)

I tried to tell you, that came out of Pettys Superbird, it was the secret to him winning Daytona and Talledega...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I hate to admit it but I used to be a Field Rep/Trouble Shooter for the Spar-O-Matic company out of Milford, PA. I was assigned the Mid-West territory out of Chicago to travel to all the auto parts stores and K-Marts to fix and repair the car audio displays for their product line. Hated it!!! I never got back home long enough to unwind and at least do laundry when they would send me back out again. Hell they even expected me to leave in a very heavy snow storm because I owed my pay check to them and keeping me busy. This was in late 79's. I quit right after that and they still tried to entice me to come back and do it all over again. Said no thanks. I then decided to return to the USAF in 1980 to begin my AF flying career. Best job choice I ever made too. Only good part was I at least got some great electronic tools and such which I still use today. Spark-O-Matic just plain sucked not only for their products, but as a place to work and a company as a whole. Just a little cr8crshr History...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Not supposed to tell everyone Cranky

it's top-secret stuff :D

Auto Transport Service
Back