• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Master Cylinders /"4 Point" Drum cars?

RM23M9A

Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score
Have a quick question, 1969 A12 Coronet Super Bee drum brakes on all four corners heavy duty of course, master cylinder on the car looks to appear to be possibly original but at least very old,
having some fluid coming from out from underneath cap it looks like.. Cant find JUST the cap gasket?? Was this even the one that came with an A12?
20220406_103923.jpg

To replace this with similar unit I can't really identify which one it is there's no markings and no "top bolt" underneath or anything like that, curious as to what the best options and where to get from as far as a quality unit? That hasn't been cheaply rebuilt or Of today's $45 standards... Thank you thank You!
20220406_103950.jpg

20220406_104001.jpg

It is the wrong master cylinder. You should have the bolt on cover type. It has one bolt in the center.

this is the type I had on the A12 car I sold last year

mc.jpg

Have you tried Dorman "Help" line of replacement parts for the gasket ?
I found the master gaskets before. That's if you want to get buy for now. Those above stated that is a incorrect master for 69 and I agree.

Auto Transport Service
Back