• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from Arizona by way of NC.

funnykarman

Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Hi Guys , Grew up in NC during the wild 60's . The AFX cars were just coming out when I saw my first wide valve cover and I have never been the same . Got to see Sox and his 65 afx car as well as the 66 cuda . Also saw` Richard Petty run 43 Jr , Malcome Durham and Hubert Platt . The cars always stuck in my mind . as life went on I built a Dodge Colt with a Blown 440 and my brother a Vega , I know what can I say he is blood . The next thing I knew I had people wanting Tubbed and cage work done . I would do the work in my spare time and work a 40 hr week job , all the money made from this went into my projects . most were sold before I could finish them . In 1998 I purched a 1965 coronet with the idea to build a AFX car. For the next 5 years I gathered parts for my build and kept building other cars for folks . When they sold the IBM pc unit out I retired and moved out to Tucson Arizona , This is were my Wife is from. I drug my project out with me and stored it unitil 2015 , look up 1965 AFX in projects and see what I started years ago. John

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

NC

I was born and spent 55 years of my life in Cary N.C. just out side Raleigh ...

hi and welcome to the site :headbang:

welcome to FBBO

how about some photos & start a new thread in the general discussion &/or the racers hangout forums

Look on projects and you can find 1965 AFX coronet check it out , I have covered my build from start ( 2000 thru 2005 ) and starting again in 2015 ... Enjoy John

Auto Transport Service
Back