• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member From AZ- 1969 440 Charger- Link to 100+ Pics/Video from Dealer

BigLime

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have been using this site for years now and finally signed up because I am taking my 1969 Charger out of storage since moving out of our apartment and into a home with a large garage. Can't wait to work on it.

Been working on cars my whole life and I am tired of all the drivetrain, body, paint, fix up/clean up and then selling it at a big loss. Now that I am old(er) I decided to buy a car that needs nothing in terms of paint/clean up and has a decent amount of features and I can then modify from there without having to look at it and say "need this, need that" every time I go into the garage.

I'll add a few of my own pics, but I don't have many since I like to scroll through the 100+ pics and video the dealer made about 4 years ago. I am surprised the link is still there. I hope you also enjoy them.

Keep in mind, this looks like a trailer queen but I do drive it when then temp is under 85 F in AZ. Otherwise, it overheats. Needs work... It is pretty fast and the 440 seems built to a degree since it does have a lopey cam. No clue what else is in there and I need to find out.

Some purists are going to snub it because it was a 383 base model, not an RT and has extensive non-standard mods. It lost its VIN about 25 years ago and has had an AZ VIN since, but it is a true AZ car
Here's the link to the dealer pics:

1969 Dodge Charger

There are some spec.'s on the car listed in the link.

A real mystery machine since I know nothing about the engine. I can't even set the timing right since the TDC on the balancer is totally incorrect.

Here are my pic's now that I moved into a house:
IMG_4253.JPG

IMG_4254.JPG

IMG_4255.JPG

To date I have blacked out the taillight area and replaced a few things including the radiator, fan and shroud. (Still overheats.)
Working on getting the garage work area up and running.

Welcome aboard!!

I'd check your lower radiator hose for collapse, and pull / boil the thermostat to confirm it works.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Welcome from way west of you by the Pacific. No snubbing from me. It's your car, your way. I'm doing my car to my vision too as I did with my last two.

Welcome aboard!!

I'd check your lower radiator hose for collapse, and pull / boil the thermostat to confirm it works.

Keep us posted on your progress!
Thanks-
I have a spring coil in the lower hose, so good there. Living in AZ, I also tried removing the Thermostat and that did not help.

Beautiful Charger!

I'd put the thermostat back in as it regulates the temp. I'd be curious as to the condition of the radiator. It might need to be rodded to clear the cooling tube.

Radiator is a brand new four core aluminum. Running a flex fan.

Nice car

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Thanks-
I have a spring coil in the lower hose, so good there. Living in AZ, I also tried removing the Thermostat and that did not help.

Radiator is a brand new four core aluminum. Running a flex fan.
Check your timing. That can lead to overheating issues too.

I'd suggest starting a separate thread in the "Heating and Cooling" section if you want to address it further. Guys around here will help you figure out the root cause.

Here's the link Heating, Cooling & AC

Check your timing. That can lead to overheating issues too.

I'd suggest starting a separate thread in the "Heating and Cooling" section if you want to address it further. Guys around here will help you figure out the root cause.

Here's the link Heating, Cooling & AC
Thank you!

Welcome to the site. Nice looking car.

Auto Transport Service
Back