• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member from NE Florida

bama7

Local time
12:06 PM
Reaction score
I have owned a few Mopar's in my life and just got another one. I got a 1965 Plymouth Sport Fury with a 318 Poly automatic, console shift. It is a nice looking car with some rust. The main problem is the engine. According to the PO he was driving home when the engine started missing and making noise. He drove about 20 miles back home and parked it. I want to check compression and oil pressure. The engine does run, but is rough. I can't hear well and did not hear any bad noises. Thanks for having me.
_nc_ohc=hdFgViIfujwAX_ymWeU&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.jpg

Last edited:
newwelcome.jpg
Nice ride! Heck, it might just be as simple as a plug wire fell off....

Welcome from KY, nice ride & like the color combo. Maybe a simple tune up needed.

Welcome from central Fl. Nice car. Hope it is something simple with the motor.

Thanks for the replies. I hope to get started looking it over in just a little while. Need more coffee first.

Last edited:
Nice looking Sport Fury. Hopefully the engine thing is not serious.

One of my best friend's brothers had one of those in those same colors.

383-4 though.

I liked that car.

Welcome from NY.
Start another thread if youre looking for troubleshooting suggestions.
You WILL get many I'm sure...

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck

Welcome from Illinois!! Great looking Sport Fury. Love that all-original look!

Welcome from Alabama, 65 is a C body that I have considered several times over the years. I just never pulled the trigger on one. She is sweet.

Auto Transport Service
Back