• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member from South Carolina

JonR

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just joined this forum after finding a very nice 1966 Dodge Coronet 440 2-door hardtop in late May 2022. I was looking for this type of classic car because I owned one (very similar) from 1974 - 1983 when I was in my 20s. It is an original unmolested and un-restored survivor in surprisingly fine shape. I was looking for a car in good shape to maintain and tinker with - was not looking for a restoration job. This car fits the bill for me perfectly. It is the Bright Red color P (top and body) with the white interior. It has the legendary Slant Six engine.

I'm here to take advantage of B-Body knowledge as I wind my way through maintenance issues and problem fixes. I'm fixing several small issues now and bringing the original paint back to life. I would also love to contribute my mechanical knowledge wherever possible from the past 60 years.

Jon

PXL_20220611_120627121.jpg

PXL_20220611_120708621.jpg

PXL_20220611_120740858.jpg

That is a fine looking car.

Welcome from Conway! Nice car!

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. What a beautiful Coronet! It looks like a true survivor car. With today's gas prices, you are way ahead of the game with that Slant 6. One of the great little engines. Reliable as an anvil. I have a 67 R/T with a 440; a little thirstier than yours, and it only drinks champagne.

Welcome to FBBO from Georgia.

Greetings from northern MI.

Classic lines and original. Wow, Jon. What a great car.

Damn, that is a great looking car. Original paint classics like yours are a great thing. MORE pictures!

Welcome from Missouri!! Very nice!!

Very nice car! Welcome to FBBO from Vermont! (formerly from Camden, SC.).

Thank you ALL for such a nice welcome!! I will post a bunch of pictures in a bit. I searched for a couple of months this spring and this one popped up. My wife and I took a road trip to look at a few possibles along the way. We ended up in Olathe, KS for this beauty. It was BETTER than all the pics online. I could NOT pass it up. It does look amazingly nice and runs very well. I'm sorting out a few fairly minor problems that I hope I can get help for here.

From the fairly decent records I got with the car...

It was purchased in Pittsburg, KS on April 13, 1966 by a 58 year-old woman. She had it until she passed away in 1969 and it went to her sister and husband in the panhandle of Texas. It was in the panhandle for about 48 years. Then it was in the Kansas City area for the past 5 years. I am owner number 7. Actual miles of 89000. It must have been carefully maintained and garaged its whole life with the very nice paint and very nice interior. It even has the original Firestone 7.75x14 spare tire. No rot or rust anywhere.

Welcome aboard! That's an amazing survivor you have there looking for more pictures!

Where is the best place to post several pictures, here or in a gallery?

Auto Transport Service
Back