• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from the flat lands

Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
Hello all, between my father and I we own several chargers, mostly 68 and a couple 73s. Unfortunately we were both part of that "someday" crowd, someday I'm going to fix her up. Well someday is here for one of the prize jewels belonging to my dad. 68 original hemi car. He's second owner since 1974, and car had original hemi motor swapped out and replaced with big block. A lot of history with the car, including a trip sideways down the dragstrip on two wheels, but another story for another day. Bottom line is the car miraculously survived and shortly following that the car was parked when his research revealed the rarity of the car. Fast forward to today, and primary reason joining the forum, I took on the project of restoring back to its close to original state. I decided if I didn't do it now, he would never see or drive it in it's glory. I wanted to surprise him with the project this Christmas but that's another story too, involving local authorities. Project is close after many thousands, but there are a few hard to find items, one specifically I'm seeking being 68 b body k member for hemi. Wasn't sure until recently how much they differed from big block kmember. Also, power steering gear box to go with it. Hoping someone can provide breadcrumb trail if it exists. More good stories to come.

Welcome from Alabama, great story on you and your dad's hidden treasures, but we need pictures.

you know we need photos

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome to FBBO from the east side of the Flatlands! Hope you will share some in-progress pics of your Charger project with us.

As mentioned, all needling some TLC, but here are couple pics - was, is, hopefully have some soon post paint.

20211203_121309.jpg 20190928_074529.jpg

Welcome aboard from NJ. Thank you for the background story and best of luck with your quest!
:thumbsup:

Welcome from southern Illinois!

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. I wish you all the best in locating what you seek.

welcome to FBBO nice looking charger project keep us posted on your progress

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome from Georgia.

Auto Transport Service
Back