• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from the Philippines

CoronetPH66

Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys
Im the new owner of a very low mileage 66 Dodge coronet, was originally green, 2nd owner made it black with racing stripes, i resprayed her to factory color, engine is a 318 (273 ? i need help on decoding this). 3 speed auto, with AC, and only 14154 on its miles, fixing her to be a pseudo survivor and a daily, also planning to have her breathe a little

Any mods for the 273 or the 318? (once i get this confirmed), i cant really have the option of importing a whole engine or buying some from here ( since most of the mopars here are either slant 6, or just 318 v8 or lower).

also im in need of trims and 66 coronet parts and such, please do email me, [email protected]

Take care
Carl from the Philippines.
pictures:

241702484_569045787857888_1408284010726716306_n.jpg

Welcome from Northern Canada.

Post up a picture of your fender tag and we can decode it for you and let you know what it originally came with from the factory. Few more pics of the motor and we can nail down what it currently has for a motor.

Welcome from southern Illinois.

Welcome from Michigan the Motor City! Nice Coronet you have there, the engine block should have the displacement casted on the side. Take a look. 440'

Welcome from Missouri!!

Hi guys
Im the new owner of a very low mileage 66 Dodge coronet, was originally green, 2nd owner made it black with racing stripes, i resprayed her to factory color, engine is a 318 (273 ? i need help on decoding this). 3 speed auto, with AC, and only 14154 on its miles, fixing her to be a pseudo survivor and a daily, also planning to have her breathe a little

Any mods for the 273 or the 318? (once i get this confirmed), i cant really have the option of importing a whole engine or buying some from here ( since most of the mopars here are either slant 6, or just 318 v8 or lower).

also im in need of trims and 66 coronet parts and such, please do email me, [email protected]

Take care
Carl from the Philippines.
pictures:

View attachment 1178260

4A876225-DE21-45F8-BAE2-47DB7BBE9A3F.gif
FA9D8B38-6210-48C0-96F0-FBE1E0ADD8B3.gif

Welcome from NJ!

Hey there, welcome!
If that is the original engine, it should be red in color and would be a 273. The 318 was introduced in the 1967 model year.

Welcome islander from CT. My son in law is from the Philippines.

Welcome to the party! Those cars must be seldom seen in the Philippines, yours looks nice! Got a picture of the engine (in case it's a Poly)?

Hey there, welcome!
If that is the original engine, it should be red in color and would be a 273. The 318 was introduced in the 1967 model year.
Are you sure it wasn’t available sooner I had a 1965 Belvedere 2 with a 318 engine??

Are you sure it wasn’t available sooner I had a 1965 Belvedere 2 with a 318 engine??
There are 2 different 318's one is a polysphere the other is an LA version like a 273. The poly 318 production ended in 66.

Last edited:
Mabuhay! Welcome from Canada. I'm shocked that mopars are alive in the PI. I follow a few vloggers in the Philippines and absolutely can't wait to return for a visit. My mom & dad both passed away in Tarlac within the last year and I am unable to visit or even retrieve their ashes due to travel restrictions. I can't see any loosening of the restrictions till next year.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The poly and LA series 318 look very different from each other. I simple took his reference to a 273 and completely forgot about the poly engines.

5th digit of the VIN is

D- 273

E- 318 (poly for 1966) can tell by the valve covers being held on by only 2 bolts and scalloped pattern on the bottom.

Auto Transport Service
Back