• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member in Venice Florida

Mark Pifer

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a new member to "For B Bodies". My name is Mark Pifer. I belong to "For C bodies" because of past owned Mopars. I currently purchased a 1970 GTX so I wanted to join "For B Bodies" and enjoy the forums good comments and shared experience as I did with c bodies. Thank you for allowing me to join.

A little introduction. My wife and I live in Venice Florida. Have been for the past 14 years. Our kids are all grown and doing well. Some are near by us and others away in different states. Now with grandchildren from 19 years old to 6 we are introducing them to a car my wife and I had back in 1975 which was a 1970 Roadrunner 383, 4-speed with bucket seats and dark green paint and vinyl top. We bought it for $850.00 at a gas station. Those were the days.

Enough with reminiscing. Now we have a 1970 GTX just a step above the Roadrunner. This has the 440, power front disc brakes, power steering, Automatic Transmission, A/C, Tic-Tac-Clock, upgraded interior with bucket seats, console and looped pile carpet in blue. The outside paint is B5 blue riding on Rally chrome wheels.

Currently I'm want to upgrade and install a complete speed (cruise) control system for the 70 GTX. I've read in some messages on "For B Bodies" different members have it all ready or are trying to install speed control on their B Bodies. Does anyone have available or knows someone I could contact to purchase the parts necessary to install on my 70 GTX? There are numerous parts involved. Servo, cable, hoses, wiring harness, brackets, linkage, bolts, clips, speed control/turn signal stalk, Brake switch just to name a few.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you may provide in this matter.

Best Regards,
Mark

img-5853.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, nice GTX. Congratulations on posting a picture on your Welcome Wagon post and us not having to beg. Looks like Magnum 500 wheels to me, not Rallies. Terrific combo and great color.

Welcome aboard from NJ. Very Nice CAR! Thanks for the back ground info & best of luck with your cruise control plans.
:thumbsup:

Welcome from Georgia.

Nice looking GTX!

Well hi there Mark, and a big WELCOME!

Great looking GTX, and I like the b body history...

Thank so much for complimenting the GTX. Many people shares the same thoughts as we drove down from New Jersey to Florida in it. It was a great trip.

Welcome to FBBO Mark! Your GTX is a real eye-pleaser. Love the color combo. Have a 20-year-old grandson myself. Guess that kind of dates us!

Ahh Venice, FL... You sir, have access to the absolute BEST pizza on the planet! Vinnie's Pizza (attached to that little malt shop). We have some great pizza here in the Cleveland/Akron area, but nothing like Vinnie's!
Oh and... sweet looking GTX. Welcome to the clan, Mark!

the clan.jpg

Welcome from Missouri!!

Nice 70 GTX too

welcome to the "darkside" & to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

newwelcome.jpg
You shoulda waved on the way by. :welcome:
VERY sweet GTX sir and yes - they look best on Magnum 500's, 15" please. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back