• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member in WV

Westy

Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Westy
Just recently bought a car I've waited years to own. It's a 1969 Plymouth J Code Hemi Roadrunner Coupe. 4 spd, Air Grabber, B5 Blue, and has 4 original 1968 dated redlines on 15x6 rims. I have a back up set of radials on15x7's that I drive on. 3.54 rear end, deluxe blue interior, Hurst shifter with walnut knob, original spare.
I first saw the car in the early 80's. In fact it was for sale and I had intentions of buying it then. The day I went with the owner for a test drive, he did a hole shot and the crankshaft broke in two! Needless to say, that put the purchase on hold.
I told a friend about the car, and he bought it. So I spent the next 38 years bugging him about letting me buy it. Health forced him to finally let me have it.
The engine block got replaced with a 66 vintage 426, but the rest of it remained original. While racing it he went through a transmission and rear end or two but the 833 and Dana 60 3.54 Sure Grip are back in it now. It's not perfect, but it is an original icon from the 60's and something I've waited for. Glad to be on board. I'm going to try to replace anything not original over time and that's why I joined.
426 Hemi Engine.jpg

welcome to the site WESTY glad your here. Could you post some more pics please. I guess if you wait long enough you get what you want. I hope your friend will be all right.

Welcome from Alabama, patience is a virtue, continue on your quest to make it original and new again.

Welcome Westy, from a fellow West Virginian, transplanted to the flatlands of Tidewater, VA.
More pics, please!

Welcome Westy from Michigan. Looks like you got yourself a gem. More pics please.:drinks:

Welcome aboard from NJ. A nice story with a very delayed but happy ending. Best of luck and please post more pics!
:thumbsup:

Welcome aboard from Ohio. Great find, looks like a well kept car.

Welcome from north western Virginia. I'm only about 3 miles from the West Virginia state line.

Welcome another hillbilly loving mopar, what town, I live in Levels Levels WV. Nice ride!

Welcome from Indiana. Waiting for the burnout video.

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. Good things often come to those who wait. Nice car you now have.

Hi, I'm Westy
Just recently bought a car I've waited years to own. It's a 1969 Plymouth J Code Hemi Roadrunner Coupe. 4 spd, Air Grabber, B5 Blue, and has 4 original 1968 dated redlines on 15x6 rims. I have a back up set of radials on15x7's that I drive on. 3.54 rear end, deluxe blue interior, Hurst shifter with walnut knob, original spare.
I first saw the car in the early 80's. In fact it was for sale and I had intentions of buying it then. The day I went with the owner for a test drive, he did a hole shot and the crankshaft broke in two! Needless to say, that put the purchase on hold.
I told a friend about the car, and he bought it. So I spent the next 38 years bugging him about letting me buy it. Health forced him to finally let me have it.
The engine block got replaced with a 66 vintage 426, but the rest of it remained original. While racing it he went through a transmission and rear end or two but the 833 and Dana 60 3.54 Sure Grip are back in it now. It's not perfect, but it is an original icon from the 60's and something I've waited for. Glad to be on board. I'm going to try to replace anything not original over time and that's why I joined. View attachment 983212
Welcome from another mountaineer. I am in Princeton.

Good to see alot of you guys from WV on here. I'm originally from McDowell Co. I have family that lives in Princeton.

Auto Transport Service
Back