• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Portagee

Local time
8:19 AM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Excited to join the site! I know very little about mopars, but I'm excited to dive in to my new project - hopefully with some help and guidance from the members here.

Earlier this year, I picked up a 1969 Dodge Super Bee that is in need of a lot of work. However, the car was full of parts, and seemed (mostly) complete. It has a TON of chrome moulding, but I really can't tell what goes where. Many other parts including a (seemingly) complete wiring harness, disc brake conversion, bucket seats (don't think they're correct - no idea what car those red seats came from), and some other random things like switches, interior panels, new cloth top, etc.

Eventually, I'd like to do a full restoration and turn it into an A12 tribute. For the time being, I'd like to just get it running and driving =). It's originally a 383 auto column shift, but seems to have most of the parts to convert to a 4 speed. I also just purchased a '76 440 block with six pack rotating assembly to drop in (once I build it) along with an 833 out of a '68 charger.

The biggest issue is the rust around the rear window. It came with a replacement dutchman panel, but I'm nervous about how far that rust extends.

Anyways, would love some feedback/suggestions, and thanks in advance for the welcome =)

Cheers,

Mike
IMG_20200526_151647.jpg
IMG_20200529_162230.jpg
IMG_20200529_174142.jpg
IMG_20200529_174149.jpg
IMG_20200529_174151.jpg
IMG_20200529_174157.jpg
IMG_20200529_174159.jpg
IMG_20200529_174215.jpg
IMG_20200529_174230.jpg

Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! Looks like a pretty solid Bee you have there. That one is definitely worth restoring, we in the mid west rarely see cars of that vintage in such great condition! Congratulations, you came to the right site for information. 440'

Welcome from Alabama, great restoration project.

Thank you all for the welcome messages, excited to pick everyone's brain for help during the restoration.

Couple of questions I can think of off the top of my head (if I should post these questions somewhere else, please let me know =):

1. Anyone know which car these seats are supposed to go with? I'm 98% sure they don't belong in a 69 super bee.
    IMG_20200530_144751.jpg
  2. I think this car was taken apart to be a drag car at some point. I bought it knowing this, but the dash frame has been replaced with a different frame and (rosette-riveted) VIN coding to a coronet 500. The VIN/Build plate on the inner fender, along with the stamping on the radiator core support and the trunk drip rail were cut out, and I have the replacement pieces that match the coronet 500 dash frame. This seems pretty strange, but the price was right when I bought the car (not sure if it's kosher to say here, but I paid $6k for the car and all the parts that came with it, so I couldn't pass it up...).
    PXL_20201111_185307013.jpg

Any thoughts from you guys/gals?

Thanks,

Mike

welcome to FBBO, from east of you, NorCal Sierras

good luck with the 69 Bee, I like the idea of the A12 tribute

I like Bees, welcome from s carolina :thumbsup:

Welcome to the site and are you really a portagee? I'm 50% :D

I am! 50% as well, my father's family came over from the Azores. Happy to meet another Portuguese mopar fan!
Wow. I'm from my mother's side....and also from the Azores!

Welcome from Washington, super cool bee, good luck and MOPAR TO YA!!

Auto Transport Service
Back