• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chairman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
Hi, Hoping to find a few parts for my 1962 Plymouth Fury. A 1962 Plymouth was my very first car and got it in 1966. Found this 62 Fury in August 2021 that was a project in the works but the 440 under the hood got my attention! I will post what I am needing to find. Thanks for reading, Chairman

Welcome Chairman from Pennsylvania! Got to love a '62 :thumbsup:

Post some pictures when you figure it out.

My '62 was from Oregon :)

20180426_192459.jpg

welcome to FBBO i really like 62 plymouths keep us posted

Welcome from western NY, post some photos when you can!

Welcome to the site!! But you'll get more hits if you post a wanted ad in the classified section.....

Welcome from Alabama, gotta love the 62's. Mine is of the Dodge side.

Welcome from North Florida...
I had a 62 Valiant in High School and have always loved that body style !
Lets see some pictures.... :xscuseless:

Thanks for your welcome! What area of Oregon did you find your car? The 62 I found has always been about 60 miles away from me yet I had never seen it before August! I think I'm the 4th owner of it. I will try to get a picture posted soon.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Found 1962 Plymouth Fury!.jpg
So this is where I found the Fury just sitting on the street in a small nearby town! I knew I had to have it! It was a 1962 after all!

welcome to FBBO

Thanks for your welcome! What area of Oregon did you find your car? The 62 I found has always been about 60 miles away from me yet I had never seen it before August! I think I'm the 4th owner of it. I will try to get a picture posted soon.

I actually found it on Ebay. A "dealer" in Texas had it for sale. He was going to part it out but with it being in a rust free condition he thought he would try to sell it first.

Doing some history on it I found out it was originally sold new at John Drew Motors in Sacramento California. When I purchased it it wore Oregon plates with 1980 stickers. Who were the original owners is a mystery. How long it was registered in Oregon is a mystery. Maybe someday I'll have that info.

The Dodge and Plymouth were practically identical in their mechanics and with the parts that were used between them. Under "Photo Garage" that I created, you'll find several threads, the first one being "On the Road" where I wrote about this car. Also there is a link to my build thread documenting the work that took place to make her road worthy. I too replaced the tired 361 for a 440. Feel free to ask any questions that you might encounter.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showcase/member/khryslerkid.3078/

In the process of having the front bench seat modified with a center cut out area to accommodate the floor shifter and still give the seat correct travel. Putting on a set of Doug Thorley headers, flowmaster mufflers with 3 inch exhaust over the axle and out the back. This is a good winter project with terrible fog, snow and ice outside and single digit temps now for lows! I'll post some pics of how things are going when it's interesting enough to see! Also for the rear wheels and tires will 15x8 with back spacing of 4.5 allow for 275x60's to clear without any modifications? Is any back space a concern for the fronts going with a 15x7 wheel? Thanks...

Auto Transport Service
Back