• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New motor is finally here!

1967coronet440

Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys just got my 505" back the other day, waiting on water pump and pulleys to be delivered still but got a couple pics I thought I'd share

Eagle 505 crank and rods
Max wedge victor heads
Super victor intake
Comp RX296R-8
263/270 @ .050
.650/.651

T&D 1.6 ratio rockers
Ferrea valves
TTI 2"-3.5" headers
fitech 1200

IMG_2262.JPG IMG_2265.JPG IMG_2268.JPG IMG_2271.JPG

Cool deal!!! Did you have it dynoed?
No we didn't dyno it unfortunately, progress is going to be slow from here with the layoff situation but once I get a trans and get it in the car I'll put it on a chassis dyno. My guess would be 700-750 at the flywheel

Put it on an engine run stand and break it in before putting in the coronet.....There is probably someone in your area you can borrow one from or make one...Trust, me it is worth it's weight in gold to do that before putting it in your beautiful ride!

That engine looks beastly....Wow! Very nice!

Put it on an engine run stand and break it in before putting in the coronet.....There is probably someone in your area you can borrow one from or make one...Trust, me it is worth it's weight in gold to do that before putting it in your beautiful ride!

That engine looks beastly....Wow! Very nice!
Thanks Justin, I actually have the frame of a homemade run stand a guy gave me years ago when I bought my old 440 from him, I'd like to get it set up and do it that way.

Maybe someone can school me on how to run the EFI on a run stand, just a feed and return for fuel? Also do I need to have a transmission bolted up to the motor or can I have just the engine on there?

That's pretty much my same build. What is your compression ratio?

I'll just add that all parts except rockers and headers were purchased through chicago connection, I didn't pay shipping on anything and he beat even summits prices on everything. Great people over there and he also owns my local dragstrip, give them a call for any of your needs bill and Tim are great guys!

http://www.chicagoconnection.us/

If you can find an old flywheel it would be easier than mounting your tranny on a run stand. You can make a plate that holds the starter...
I have a run stand, ( Made for GM) that I adapted to hold a 440 on and had started mocking the bracket up so I could start it but ended up selling the motor before it was finished...

If you can find an old flywheel it would be easier than mounting your tranny on a run stand. You can make a plate that holds the starter...
I have a run stand, ( Made for GM) that I adapted to hold a 440 on and had started mocking the bracket up so I could start it but ended up selling the motor before it was finished...
Can any flywheel be used? I thought you had to have a bellhousing on also

Correct, the issue is the starter...Like above an old flywheel and bell housing would be ideal...Or a flywheel and a starter hold plate I believe is what mike is referring to...

I would think any big block fly wheel woukd work as long as its the same tooth count..
At first I thought I would have to, and after looking at it, I figured that I could cut a piece of steel ( like a mid plate) and have bolt it to the block and have the starter bolt to the plate...may have to shim the other side of the block or starter.
It was the easiest fix I could come up with...

Looks great.
Very similar to what I'm eventually going to have.
Stock stroke on mine.
Should move pretty good!
Mine will be orange which should make it a bit faster.

Auto Transport Service
Back