• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New OEM battery cable and PROBLEMS

RM23M9A

Local time
3:14 AM
Reaction score
I think, I figured something out. I noticed last night, that I wasnt getting Continuity from BATT+ to ALT output, so I unplugged the engine harness from bulkhead, and the main ALT feed through bulkhead to Ammeter wire? MELTED.
I had been leaving a "Trickle Charger" on the battery WITH THE CABLES HOOKED UP!
I hope Im close to right, when thinking "That WILL cause a big Problem"! With all of the harness resistance? Surely thats what did this?
My voltage regulator resistance test with a DVOM shows 09.55 OHMS! That can't be good?
Now I get to take the dash harness out again, lol and wait for a new one..

Last edited:
You don't want my opinion regarding the OEM authorized replacement battery cables...

Check the smaller red wire running from your batt + to Starter relay. Voltage drop along that circuit while under load.

You don't want my opinion regarding the OEM authorized replacement battery cables...

Check the smaller red wire running from your batt + to Starter relay. Voltage drop along that circuit while under load.
I might!
LoL I knew $70 was a bit cheap.. Just put ANOTHER alternator on it. Seemed to put out 30 volts at first then dropped off to around 5/6V..
Fuel guage, Tach, Horns still not working.. I'll have to do the V drop test.. Thinking maybe I fried something along the way.. All I did was start it every few days to keep gas in carbs movin along.. Youve had a bad experience with these I take it? I had to cut the Solenoid/Starter molded chunk to even make it attatch..
(Thanks!)

Auto Transport Service
Back