• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New / Old B&M street and strip trans will be going in the R/T

tallhair

Rufus "Mod-hair" Firefly
Staff member
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
I bought Wedge's TCI pan and it should be here any day. I also went digging / shopping in the ole garage and pulled out the B&M street and strip trans I got 23 years ago with another 68 RT I bought back then. The trans was new-ish at the time and has just been sitting in the garage collecting dust the past 2 decades.

I dropped the trans off with a friend of a fried who rebuilds 727's and it will get freshened up prior to going in my current R/T. I read up on the specs and it will shift automatically or you can shift manually and has other perf upgrades like the 5.0 lever, 5 clutch pak, HD Band, etc. I am now more anxious than ever to get done cleaning up the engine, engine bay, rebuilding front suspension and brakes and putting it back together. I also dropped off at set of 915 heads with my machinist buddy for a clean up, changing 1.6 exh valve to 1.74, 3 angle valve job, and massaging.

Description

Street/Strip 1967-1979 361-440 cid non lock-up with 18-3/8" tailshaft
Chrysler TF-727 Street/Strip transmission
* 2.45:1 first gear ratio, 1.45:1 second gear.
* Rebuilt front pump.
* All new B&M high performance friction plates.
* New special bellville spring.
* Five clutch direct drum.
* New low roller clutch.
* B&M 5.0 servo lever.
* Four pinion front carrier.
* Fully recalibrated valve body.

Item# 111212

attachment.php

http://bmracing.com/?wpsc-product=st...8-38-tailshaft

I'm picking up the trans tomorrow! Was told it did not have the 5 clutch pack in it but it's over 20 years old so maybe they didn't do that then. it does have the 5.0 servo lever and other good HD parts in it per the rebuilder. He said it was the cleanest 727 he's ever worked on so that confirms or lends itself to the story I got when I bought it all those years ago from the seller. It was used and in another 68 RT.

I'm also picking up the 915 heads.

915 heads with bigger valves also need to have the pocket area directly under the valve opened up to almost valve size. This really improves air flow.

Auto Transport Service
Back