• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New "other" wheels for 66 Belvedere

Lemon_Belve

Local time
10:52 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys
Merry Christmas from Germany.

I Take a look for new wheels for my ww1 white 66 Belvedere. Actual I have 15x7 OEM Look black steel wheels on the Car.

But I want new wheels which don't mounted on every second Mopar and which have 5" BS in rear as 15x8 Wheel for Option of 275/60 tires.

I see the US wheels series 21 and I dont see this wheels on a mopar on my Research. Have anyone have a Picture of this wheels on a mopar Like the 66 Belvedere?

I like it in complete Gold (I think in combination with a complete White car it will create a complete new Look) or in gunmetal with Chrome hoop.

But I am also Open for new ideas for other nice wheels

Best regards
André

I like the cragar ss rims myself but the last set I owned lasted about a year next time I’ll have to go aluminum

Andre,
If i understand the question correctly, youre looking for something a little 'different', that still 'fits' the car. BBS Basketweaves would be different and gold centres are easily done, but not sure it 'fits'. Same thing with the US series 21 [after I looked em up] - look like truck or maybe Jeep wheels to me.
If youd like a little different and want a gold centre, how about some Rocket Strikes? Or better yet, Radirs. American 200S with the rough centres are easily sprayed. Also some American 'Salt Flats' or other brands of Halibrand styled wheels. in fact, I think you can still get Halibrands in the gold irridite finish maybe... Anything with a 'rough' / as cast centre section is pretty easily painted, be it gold, or black, or even White. White would look good on your car imnsho. But of course, it is YOUR car and you do what YOU think looks good.
[But whatever you do, please paint those steelies body colour. Or any colour other than black. :) Or at LEAST put some centres and rings on it!]

Andre,
If i understand the question correctly, youre looking for something a little 'different', that still 'fits' the car. BBS Basketweaves would be different and gold centres are easily done, but not sure it 'fits'. Same thing with the US series 21 [after I looked em up] - look like truck or maybe Jeep wheels to me.
If youd like a little different and want a gold centre, how about some Rocket Strikes? Or better yet, Radirs. American 200S with the rough centres are easily sprayed. Also some American 'Salt Flats' or other brands of Halibrand styled wheels. in fact, I think you can still get Halibrands in the gold irridite finish maybe... Anything with a 'rough' / as cast centre section is pretty easily painted, be it gold, or black, or even White. White would look good on your car imnsho. But of course, it is YOUR car and you do what YOU think looks good.
[But whatever you do, please paint those steelies body colour. Or any colour other than black. :) Or at LEAST put some centres and rings on it!]

Yeah, you understand right, I like a different Look ;)
Thank you for all your alternatives. The BBS wheels are very very popular Here in Germany on any Car. So this is not what I want ;)

The halibrand Style wheels are Something Like what I want btw what I Like but I think they are more Ford Style.

From us wheels I also like the Star Design in Grey/chrome

But I don't see any B Body with this wheel Design (I know also there is a similar design from cragar in full Chrome in the past)
Screenshot_20211223-222322.png

Is it not mandantory that the wheels are gold. But anything other as black will be good.

Actual I have the Dog Dishes on the wheels PXL_20211122_130602779.jpg

Last edited:
One of my favourite wheels is the centerline convo Pro. But this is too expensive for me, because with taxes, shipping etc ist will be cost 2300-2400 Euros, this is 10% of the whole Car price only for wheels

But I think the Design is similar to the 21 Design of US wheels
Screenshot_20211226-085448.png
bell.jpg

So after a few days and discussions with my wife I think I will buy some nice Torque thrust D's. After some comparing of different Options, specially with the rear Backspace I think it is the best Option.

I also like the 21 series from US wheels gut never see any mopar (not only b Bodys) with this wheel Design. And yeah, I don't want to be the first and after mounting I dont Like it on the Car :D Here are one Picture of my Car and one from a user from fbbo with the Torque thrust

PXL_20211208_135612106~2.jpg 20200229_160738.jpg

Torque thrust D look great on any car! I prefer the gray, but polished look great too.
I also prefer the Grey on a White car. The polish is also nice but from my point of View more for colors like Red, blue, green. Etc

Rarely seen even here in the states, are American 200s, nicknamed "daisies". I really like them, and have six of the original one piece version. The ones available now are two piece, but available in more backspace and larger sizes. The are not near as reasonably priced as the or tt2, and are probably really expensive to get to Europe! Check out the movie Two Lane Blacktop to see a set on the 55 Chevy. They would look outstanding on your Plymouth, and definitely be different.

Today I was at my car and measure my tire on the rear. I have 15x7 4.25" Backspace Steel wheels with 255/60
To the Outside (Fender) I have no more room for tire etc (because of the room above in wheel House, where the Fender come more to the Inside)
To the Inside I have 2in space

So, torq thrust in 15x7 have 3.75" BS and 15x8 4.5" BS.
Both will Bring the wheel to much to the Outside. So I need wheels in 15x7 with similar or more BS or I need 15x8 with 5.25" or 5.5" BS

I find from visure Wheels the Prostar Design from Weld racing.

Does anyone have a Picture of the wheel Design on a 66/67 Belvedere etc
Or can anyone Help me with the right wheel/Backspace in the Torque thrust Design.

Best regards from rainy Germany
André

Screenshot_20211228-161837.png

If you need that much backspace, check out wheels for late model mustangs. Same bolt pattern, lots of backspace is typical. American Racing does a mustang specific five spoke, TTM (m for mustang)
You might have to go to 17" rims.

Well, you cant go wrong with TorqThrusts, but since you REALLY want some ConvoPros, Id say get em. Shoot, thats what...about $3000? Aint no thang...no step for a stepper! I mean, thats what these days, about two tanks of gas?!? Stay home a couple of weekends and get the wheels you want... :)

1965-plymouth-satellite-2-door-hardtop-drag-car-452-stroker-race-4.jpg

This is the only photo I could find quickly of the Weld Stars on a similar car - I know its a 65, but maybe it will give you an idea...

So
Here we are
With Torq thrust D

Buuut, the tire grinds during driving trough Corners
Arrgh...
Tires are Same as before
255/60
Before 7" with 4.125 BS, now 8" with 4.5 BS . Calculator Said 3mm more to the Outside as before. Any Idea??
PXL_20220120_123938286.jpg
PXL_20220120_142205308.jpg
PXL_20220120_142155529.jpg

Try 70 series tires. They are taller and narrower, size for size. I have 1967 R/T with same space limitations in the wheel wells. I finally put a rear sway bar in to limit body movement during driving and cornering. I used the frame-hung style, rather than the one that mounts to rear end.

I have a 245/60 -15 on a 15"X8" with 4.5" backspace, probably the largest tire I would be able to fit.
tI7ex6so3qv2fLOmx_aCyRmplTWJfsL2fUtWKhcD4kxGuo54sISzZVrkGrYEtngaS98PO-I=w1108-h830-no?authuser=0.jpg

Does anyone have a Picture of 235/60 tires in 15x8 rims?
I want to know how it will looks

245/60 are not very popular in Europe and there are nearly no tires available.

I have actual 235/60 on 7" in the front and eventually plan to do 235 on all Corners with 7" Wheels in Front and 8" wheels in the Back

Auto Transport Service
Back