• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Owner - 1962 Polara 500 4 dr

Ernie Rogers

Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
I bought a 1962 Polara 500 4 door hardtop today. Needs some work to get back on the road, brakes, carb and such. Hopefully it won't be a lot. I haven't purchased a car that didn't run in ever but couldn't pass it up. It has automatic, power windows, factory a/c, power brakes will try to post pictures soon. Can i order and original build sheet or window sticker anywhere for these cars?

Rare car. Very few had power windows

Welcome from Alabama. Loaded car, would like you to post pictures.

I bought a 1962 Polara 500 4 door hardtop today. Needs some work to get back on the road, brakes, carb and such. Hopefully it won't be a lot. I haven't purchased a car that didn't run in ever but couldn't pass it up. It has automatic, power windows, factory a/c, power brakes will try to post pictures soon. Can i order and original build sheet or window sticker anywhere for these cars?
Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Canada. As you may or may not know, you bought a fairly rare Mopar. 1962 was the only year that a Polara 500 was offered as a 4-door hardtop, and came out after the introduction of the convertible and 2-hardtop. All Polara 500's came with 361 4-barrel and bucket seats as standard equipment in 1962. Good luck with your new pride and joy. I am working on my 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop. Although it is not a 500, it is a Canadian car with optional Sport Package bucket seats and console.

welcome and cant wait to see pics.

OK, @Dave6T4 why is A/C, power window, power brakes, etc. not loaded? Especially on a rare 62.
I did not realize that I had inferred that this car was not loaded with options. Certainly, any car that had factory air in 1962 was uncommon, due to the option price. Again, one hardly ever sees power windows in these early cars, especially a 4-door. These would be run-of-the-mill options on a Cadillac, but not a Dodge. My apologies if my post led to misunderstandings.

OK, @Dave6T4 why is A/C, power window, power brakes, etc. not loaded? Especially on a rare 62.

Anyway,
Welcome aboard and thanks for joining the Forum!
Great Car!
I have three 1963 Dodge Polaras, well, a 330, a 440 and a Polara.
I just received this from a Fellow Forum Member...

For parts:
Contact VIA e-mail:
[email protected]

Some great items available
Good luck with your car!
And remember:

:xscuseless:

:luvplace:

:popcorn:

It's cool..
Check your Post #4
You Fat Fingered a "Rating"
On bottom of right hand you will see 3 ratings
1. Like
2. Agree
3. Disagree (Red X)
You must have accidentally hit the Rating: X
Click the "List" and it will show who gave what rating....

:thumbsup:

Welcome from Indiana. Need some pictures of that 500.

Red X are common on the Political Forum. I have 3 members that love to give them to me there. Those just roll off like water on a duck's back, but our new member has a rare and highly optioned car. Welcome aboard, hope to see pictures soon.

welcome to FBBO that's a cool project show some pics when can

It's cool..
Check your Post #4
You Fat Fingered a "Rating"
On bottom of right hand you will see 3 ratings
1. Like
2. Agree
3. Disagree (Red X)
You must have accidentally hit the Rating: X
Click the "List" and it will show who gave what rating....

:thumbsup:
I'm kinda new here myself. I am way better with Mopars than computers. Is this something I can undo, without making it worse?

Auto Transport Service
Back