• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New owner of a 1966 Satellite Convertible (361)

Racheldog

Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
Brand new owner of a 66 Satellite Convertible and looking for sources to purchase inside door trim/panels for the same, and/or best sources for all things Satellite of that year. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I think Legendary is your best choice.
I bought PUI from Summit (which was very difficult to find on their site oddly enough).
But the quality of the scroll was only fair, color and quality of the vynal was good but the door panel itself did not have the correct cutout locations for the retaining clips. Pay a little more and you should get a better product.
Let's see the car!
361 the best wear index of any motor ever mass produced.

Welcome from another red 66 Satellite convertible owner. Layson's for vert corners though pricey, never seen any close up. P&G Classics tail light assemblies, never seen any close up.

Oh yes more pictures please.
Edit: If the Satellite script on your trunk is pitted. Find a Satellite hardtop between the back seats the same script is there. not mine
cen1.JPG

Last edited:
I bought my tail lenses from Classic Industries, pricey but they are quite nice.

IMG_20170729_130411477.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, love the 66-67's.

Welcome from the show me state!! My roof doesn't come off unless you use a cutting torch, very nice!

welcome to FBBO

any photos you can share
I see it in your avatar

welcome from a die hard 66/67 guy (OK, and 71-74 guy)

Got a 66 Belvedere I and my first car was a 66 II. Welcome to the site. Post a wanted ad in our free classifieds and see what turns up!

Brand new owner of a 66 Satellite Convertible and looking for sources to purchase inside door trim/panels for the same, and/or best sources for all things Satellite of that year. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Welcome from a previous owner of a '66 Satty 'Vert that had a 361 and 4-speed from the factory. Also PP1 Red.

Congrats on your new purchase of a '66 satellite vert ! I've had mine for about 8 plus years and love it. Bought taillights and assemblies about 6 yrs ago from P&G Classics and were and still are excellent quality. Interior door panels from nobody else but Legendary, regardless of price if you want the best! Hope you enjoy the car, and as many have said "How about some pics"?

Welcome. I like Satellite droptops !!!!! :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back