• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE New- Pertronix Flame-Thrower II Billet Distributor RB Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propwash

Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Up for sale is a New Pertronix Flame-Thrower II Billet Distributor for RB Block Mopar.

Pertronix Flame Thrower II Distributors feature the patented Ignitor II (electronic ignition module) with adaptive dwell control and integrated Hall Effect circuit that is triggered by cobalt magnets for stable timing and precise spark distribution. A powerful micro controller with adaptive dwell algorithms allows the Ignitor II to adjust the dwell angle in order to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range for increased high and low RPM performance. Because peak current level is reached just prior to spark, ignition energy is sustained with less heat buildup in the coil and module.

Pertronix Flame-Thrower Flame Thrower II Billet Distributors Features

Compatible with most capacitive discharge systems
Available with or without vacuum advance
High dielectric strength cap with female or male brass terminals
Caps available black or red
Premium rotor with brass contact
Polished billet aluminum housing with 0 to -0.003 tolerances
Tempered distributor shaft with low torsion displacement for accurate timing and longer life
.500'' Diameter Shaft on GM Applications
Upper ball bearing and lower bronze bushing reduce friction and high-RPM vibration
Durable Heat-Treated Gear
Precision stamped advance weights eliminate erratic timing
Factory-set performance advance curve (additional springs included for custom curves)
Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting functions for multiple settings
50-state legal via EO #D-57-12 except for distributors without vacuum advance

I ended up having to go a different route....These go for $275.00 at Jegs/Summit. I'll let it go for $225 Shipped (in US)..save yourself $50 bucks and the shipping.

Thanks for the ad FBBO and thanks for looking.

w1.jpg

Last edited:
Why didn't this work for you? I'm fixing to do my 440 swap and need a distributor.

Couple reasons, I'm running ported Edelbrock Performer RPM heads and to run this distributor I would need to do some grinding on the inside from corner of the eddy head for it to work. It can be done with the RPM's without any issues, just don't feel like excavating on heads I have over 2 grand into for a $200 some dollar distributor. Wouldn't have bought it if I would have known, but the person I ordered this from said it will drop right in. My bad for not double checking that statement. Stock Mopar heads and aftermarket like 440 source, and some others don't require any grinding for it to fit. Also, the vacuum advance on this distributor needs around 8-10" of engine vacuum to operate correctly. With the large cam I have in my 512 stroker i'm right at that threshold and decided to just go mechanical because of that, and already needing to modify the eddy heads for it to work anyways.

Couple reasons, I'm running ported Edelbrock Performer RPM heads and to run this distributor I would need to do some grinding on the inside from corner of the eddy head for it to work. It can be done with the RPM's without any issues, just don't feel like excavating on heads I have over 2 grand into for a $200 some dollar distributor. Wouldn't have bought it if I would have known, but the person I ordered this from said it will drop right in. My bad for not double checking that statement. Stock Mopar heads and aftermarket like 440 source, and some others don't require any grinding for it to fit. Also, the vacuum advance on this distributor needs around 8-10" of engine vacuum to operate correctly. With the large cam I have in my 512 stroker i'm right at that threshold and decided to just go mechanical because of that, and already needing to modify the eddy heads for it to work anyways.

good info will. who would of thunk it.

All right fella's..........$200 Shipped. Low as she's gonna go. Poppa needs a new pair of shoes...

This puppy would look better spinning circles in someone's big block than quietly collecting dust on a shelf..........make a decent offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back