• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Poster, old follower.

t_bone

Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
Hi there, everyone. I have been lurking and learning lots here for some time now, and decided that I should finally come to the surface at FBBO and join the conversations.

I have been an all makes gear-head since the late ’50’s, and got into Mopars in 1965 with a 48 Plym station wagon. Then came a 58 Golden Commando, a 64 Sport Fury Convertible and a 72 Fury III land-yacht. Eventually circumstances sent me down the path of Datsun & Honda for a while.

The 64 Sporty was the car my wife and I drove on our honeymoon in 1970, and it has been in the family ever since. I am now restoring it after years of non-use, parked out in the Pacific Northwest weather. The original plan was to get it running for our 50th anniversary party in 2020, but Covid and life got in the way. This has been a total strip off of everything down to bare metal (and rust); then sand blast, replaced floor pans and quarter panels, primer, paint and now finally starting to add parts back on. Put in a new 21 circuit Painless harness, and a few replacement switches, but trying to keep it as stock as possible. Here are a few photos of the project:

64 Spt Fury 1.jpg
64 Spt Fury 2.jpg
64 Spt Fury 3.jpg
64 Spt Fury 4.jpg
64 Spt Fury 5.jpg

Great story. Looking forward to progress:thumbsup:
Welcome from Nebraska!

welcome to FBBO nice sport fury project keep us posted on your progress

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome aboard from Illinois. Thanks for sharing your story and pics. Look forward to more as this one moves forward.

Welcome from Georgia. Nice project.

My wife and I used to take our daughter to the Tacoma Zoo when she was a toddler. Good times. They had 4 or 5 elephants in the 1990s. Very interesting creatures, but you could tell they were bored.

Last edited:
Welcome from Alabama, great project and good progress.

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to updates.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Nice ! Looks like you have a great start on the restoration.
Welcome from Iowa.

Auto Transport Service
Back