• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Rear Convertible Side Panels and Arm Rests....

Sixpaksteve

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:37 PM
Reaction score
I'm curious to know if anyone has any experience (good or bad) with ABCMoparts out in Arizona?

I was at Carlisle a few weeks back and they were there displaying a new pair of fiberglass pieces that fit on either side of the rear seat in a '64 Polara convertible. They told me that these were prototype pieces and that within the next month or 2 they would have enough made to start shipping them out. They also had one new rear armrest pad and one old [original] arm rest pad with them. The pads were sitting on these new side pieces to show that they're accurately being reproduced. The pads DID fit great....

The restoration on my Polara isn't to the point where I'm ready to install any of the interior pieces right now, but since it's so difficult to find these original side pieces in good condition I'm considering picking up a new pair of these while I can. Thoughts???

mine were in decent shape, except for some scuffing so I'm lucky I guess. They seem pretty robust, what tends to happen to them? Will the repops be painted to the original colours?

mine were in decent shape, except for some scuffing so I'm lucky I guess. They seem pretty robust, what tends to happen to them? Will the repops be painted to the original colours?

The one's in my car were cracked and also cut where a previous owner had installed some rear speakers back in the day. I want the factory look in my restoration so if I put any speakers in the back seat area they'll be hidden.

About 5 years ago I found a used pair at Carlisle and I haven't seen anymore there since. Those are in a little better shape than my originals but not by much....

I'm not clear if ABCMoparts will offer their new pieces in several colors or not. The one's they brought to Carlisle to show off were white and made pretty solid. More solid then the way Chrysler made them originally.

you might try national moparts up here in beaverton. Nigel has a 64 convertible in parts, but I'm not sure if he has those pieces.
I was looking for a way to install speakers, but gave up for the time being. Not many spots for them in these early B convertibles.

Auto Transport Service
Back