• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to Forum, new to mopar, 69 Charger

Cary McCune

Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
Greetings all-

First time here, first time on any forum for that matter! I'm located on the central coast of California. I'm in the middle of putting together a 69 charger and was hoping for some advise putting it back together. I've owned it for nearly 2 years and have made pretty good progress. Let me see if I can post a couple of pictures-Cary

IMG_2147.JPG IMG_4041.JPG IMG_6190.JPG IMG_6197.JPG

so pictures showed up, I built the engine cradle out of two harbor freight furniture dollies and a 2x8. I picked up the front end with a hoop I made and bolted to the frame. Im pretty close to installing the engine so the last few weekends have been undercoating the rest of the front half of the car. I also rolled it outside and steam cleaned what I could get to.

Ok so heres the first question. Does anyone know if these crane roller rockers where junk. A local buddy (who is a total rock start with Mopars) was telling me that these crane rollers are junk and know to fail. I can't seem to find any info on them. I called crane and they were no help other than admitting they no longer sell them and they only stopped selling because they were a poor seller.

Any info on them would be awesome!

IMG_6308.JPG

I had to post this picture...I'm a dad and have dreams of working on this with my son....I get a solid 5 minutes out of him then this.... Haha!!

IMG_6195.JPG

Welcome to FBBO from a fellow 69 Charger owner:thumbsup:.

As for the rockers I always thought Crane was a respected brand? My research led me to buying Comp Magnum rockers but also really like Harland Sharps. For shaft mounted rockers like Mopars where they're directly fed oil I prefer no bearing at the shaft but that's just my preference. If those are aluminum on the shaft with no bushing or bearing my bet would be that's the weak spot or should I say wear point?

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. If the rockers are the needle bearing type, I'd change them. If not they should be ok. Others more experienced will chime in on this. BTW forklifts are pretty darn handy in the shop!

Welcome to FBBO from the sunny shores of SoCal. Looks like a sweet project you’re working on. Thx for posting pics - we love our ****

Welcome from Ohio- great project.

Welcome from NW CT. Great looking Charger...

My son and I built him a Swinger when he was that age for his first car.
Maybe even younger?
For one thing I figured he would at least be aware enough to understand things like brakes when he did drive.
And an older car really lets the driver know what is safe and what is not at interstate speeds.
It worked and he didn't kill himself behind the wheel.
It's hard at that age for a lot of reasons..
Have patience.

Welcome to FBBO from warm & sunny NorCal Sierra's

Welcome from the other coast, North Carolina! Looks like you got a nice project there coming along nicely. Thanks for the pics.

Auto Transport Service
Back