• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to forum - TTSaleen - 1968 Charger

TTSaleen

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
Hi.
I'm Ryan from Raleigh, NC.
Some of you might already know me from my Ford Mustangs and my YouTube or Instagram pages.
My name is TTSaleen for my 1998 Mustang Saleen with twin turbos (built everything in between) and makes over 1,300rwhp. I have regularly street driven it and drag raced it. Was featured in a few magazines including 5.0 Mustangs & Super Fords.

Anyway, last December I picked up this cherry 1968 Charger from the original owners.
Car was sold and lived it's entire life in Texas until about 9 years ago when the owners moved to NC.
I have had it 1 year now (this month) and just completed a GEN III hemi swap with NAG1 transmission into it.

Anyway, here's some quick pics.
Be sure to check out my YouTube page for more info at - www.youtube.com/98saleen

DSC_1630.jpg DSC_1596.jpg

Welcome from Western NY ! Great Charger, and hope to see some more specs & pics of it soon !

Welcome from Alabama, great look and stance.

Nice Charger

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome! Nice Charger :thumbsup:

Is that a '68 NC license plate? Amazing how it resembles a California black plate.

Nice '68. More pics of course. And as well as the car's factory beginnings?

Gorgeous, welcome from New Mexico
I wanted to the new Gen Hemi swap also
But will be down the line some time maybe
My 68 going back close to original for now

Welcome from Georgia.

Thanks guys.
Originally started life as a mild-mannered "Clark Kent" type of driver.

Here's the specs -

CAR: Dodge Charger 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 318cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic - Model 904
TIRES: Unknown tire code - Had 14" steel wheels with caps
BUILD DATE: October 25, 1967
AXLE: 2.76 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: Charger Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. White on Green Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Racing Green Metallic Paint.
OTHER: White Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
R0: AM 8-Track Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
X1: Tinted Glass (all)

abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
k7: Passenger Outside Manual Mirror
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

Here's what it looked like the day I bought it with the 15" wheels on it and wore out rear leaf springs.
And a couple more with the Hotchkis suspension mods and my 18" wheels on it.

IMG_0503(1).jpg DSC_1054.jpg DSC_1556.jpg IMG_0952.jpg

Welcome! Nice Charger :thumbsup:
Is that a '68 NC license plate? Amazing how it resembles a California black plate.

Good eye! It's a 68 NC plate and I hand painted it to match the Black/Yellow scheme which seems a popular look on the older cars (circa CA style).
I am able to run that plate legally in NC as long as I keep my real plate in the car with my registration info.
There's a print out from the NCDMV site that I keep in the car that allows me to use that 68 plate as a display.

Welcome aboard from Ohio.

So what Gen III build did you go with? I'm assuming 6 speed trans. So did the rear get a boost to deeper gear?

So what Gen III build did you go with? I'm assuming 6 speed trans. So did the rear get a boost to deeper gear?

I took the driveline out of a 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona that I bought and drove home (wrecked) from the body shop and proceeded to dismantle it for the computers, drivetrain, radiator, fans, etc I needed for the swap. It's the 5.7 engine (I'd loved to have found a larger Hemi engine swap, but I bought this entire wrecked Daytona for $1,500 so that made my choice pretty easy).
Right now I am still working out the bugs on the shifting and getting my tone-ring and sensors to work properly.
Later on I plan to change the rear gears from the 2.76 to something in the 3.2x to 3.5x range.

IMG_1927.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back