• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to me Jack Stands

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
My buddy, fellow gear head and CHP Officer gave me this set of jack stands. He has 2 sets and said his dad has quite a few more. Now his dad is a retired Army Colonel and got all kinds of stuff while serving. His has all sorts of stuff as he was into heavy equipment while serving.

So now I have a set, and can’t wait to use them.

176BE0F1-1665-48D9-AE70-73D82E7BD76E.jpeg

That’s what a 4x4 is for, lol!

AND 5.7hemi DID say jack stands right? 5.7 —-it’s just an inside joke for cars that always seem to sitting.

My buddy, fellow gear head and CHP Officer gave me this set of jack stands. He has 2 sets and said his dad has quite a few more. Now his dad is a retired Army Colonel and got all kinds of stuff while serving. His has all sorts of stuff as he was into heavy equipment while serving.

View attachment 584514
So thats where what was supposed to go the troops went.

I got! Lol!!
These things are rated at 7 tons!

View attachment 584514
You don't "get stuff" like this while serving. Sounds like he stole them.

Actually when “stuff” such as these are out of “date”, the Federal Government get rid of them, it’s done for more than just jack stands. And no, they were not stolen.

Actually when “stuff” such as these are out of “date”, the Federal Government get rid of them, it’s done for more than just jack stands. And no, they were not stolen.
We are flying 70 year old aircraft and jackstands get out of date? Whats it cost to print a new safety label anyway? Whoops looks like your stands have labels.
Not after you or your freind but something stinks here.

Ive gone to the DRMO to buy things for work and every once in awhile you come across things that the govt is getting rid of and you just shake your head. Usually its something decent that they put in a pile of crap, the thing is that you have to take the pile of crap to get the one or two good things. I could see these as being something that DRMO would get rid of, especially if a base closes.

Yep, you're right. I know better. Used to be called the Defense Resource Management Office in the Department of Defense, where they auctioned off outdated stuff...except weapons of course. My mistake!

Nothing stinky, all done on the up and up.

Probably right but it still makes no practical sense. But them its not often the military does someting practical.

Maybe some members can get together for a group buy on some industrial “jack stands” for their race cars.. :poke::rofl::rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back