• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Tow Rig

MoparMitch

Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
Got rid of my Chebby R30 in favor of this 92 D250 with the infamous 5.9 Hummin Cummins A/T w 190K. Practically stole it !! Rebuilt the front end and lifted it 3in in the front and 2in in the back. These pics are at stock height. Will post more later. Aim is to have it painted 2004 Ram Dark Slate Grey this winter and put on some bigger , maybe 18in Black wheels and tires. Has Straight 5in exhaust !! It's a Beast !!

^^^ Wrote that back in Dec. Here are pics of before and after. Call it a minor restoration perhaps. The new color is 2004 Ram Truck PDR. Just got the bedliner sprayed in last week. Ready to roll/haul now!!
Attached Images

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 379
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 343
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 348
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 395
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 337
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 362
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 360
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 372
Really like the way you transformed your truck....looks great.

The truck looks awesome. I think what you did looks clean, modern and tough. Nice Job!

Theres a lot of these first gen Cummins out here in nice shape. Are they as good as everybody says? I dont really believe all the 12 valve non sense about millions of miles and no rebuilds and blah blah blah. I dont doubt theyre good trucks though. What kind of work has your truck needed? Engine maintenance, transmission, anything yet? Ive always liked the first generation cummins, and talked myself out of them before fearing expensive upkeep.

Looks damn nice!! But one thing I would change is where the pipe dumps. Put it behind the tire unless you like cleaning the black soot off the tire and wheel all the time or dump it just in front of the rear axle with a turn down. I know 5" pipe is hard to go over the axle. My 97 still has the stock 3" pipe but it's a straight too. My engine isn't boosted so it'll do the job. My truck is mostly used for towing and for what I tow, it has enough power so the engine is still basically stock but still has plenty of power and enough torque to kill the rear gears in 140k miles.

- - - Updated - - -

Theres a lot of these first gen Cummins out here in nice shape. Are they as good as everybody says? I dont really believe all the 12 valve non sense about millions of miles and no rebuilds and blah blah blah. I dont doubt theyre good trucks though. What kind of work has your truck needed? Engine maintenance, transmission, anything yet? Ive always liked the first generation cummins, and talked myself out of them before fearing expensive upkeep.
The pre 98.5 trucks are pretty good and it's hard to beat the pumps that they came with. My 97 has just under 140k miles and needs rear gears replaced and so far, the evap coil went out and the lower ball joint boots rotted off but the joints are still good. I also had a 92 Dually with just over 100k miles. It ran good but didn't have the power the 97 does.
Blacktruck.jpg

Had to remove the tool box to haul something big....it's back on now.
truck.jpg

But one thing I would change is where the pipe dumps. Put it behind the tire unless you like cleaning the black soot off the tire and wheel all the time or dump it just in front of the rear axle with a turn down.

Already have a new Diamond system with rear wheel outlet. Believe me, I've already seen what it does to that rear wheel/tire.

Nice refresh! Don't know if it was on purpose but, also like the detail of taking the before and after in basically the same spot.

Your 92 sure looks like a keeper now, really like the color choice.

That baby looks really nice. You did a great job. I have a 1991 25o auto 4x4 diesel that I bought new with 550,000 miles on it. I want yo restore it one day.

That new paint gives that truck a whole new look. Good choices man!!

Nice 1st gen! Often thought about trading my 98 12V for one, reg cab, 4WD, 5spd.

That really is a sharp truck Chicken :icon_thumright:. I have a 92 W150 that has a great frame, but the body is toast. I wish it was in better shape because I would love to fix mine up to look like yours.

WOW, did I say WOW?!!! What a difference the look makes, I've always loved the old style Dodge pickups, I miss my Dad's old 78 3/4T he had with the 440.

Definitely like the way you redid your truck. Now it looks unstoppable.

Auto Transport Service
Back