• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Upper A Arms .. brass washers?

TopBanana72

Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
Installing my new A arms and they came with two brass washers? I don't understand where they go. The originals did not have this and the directions don't mention them. I don't think I need them, but thought I better check with the Mopar hive mind to me sure...

IMG_0602.jpg

I'm thinking the ball joint stud is longer than the old one. I seem to need at least the small washer so the cotter pin hole gets closer to the castle nut slot...

IMG_0603.jpg

I think I got it. The thin washer.. Probably my disk brake knuckle is thicker than your drum brake one,

Thanks for the help!

IMG_0606.jpg

The issue is that the manufactures have further consolidated their inventories where they use ball joint stud from another application that is longer which means you need the washer under the nut so you can put the pin in. Something else to watch out for is the length of the stud where the straight portion of the stud is under the ball to where the taper starts. You can end up with something different side to side. If you are using the stang 2 based suspensions, this can cause interference between the upper control arm and the spindle during rebound or full droop.

I try to search for answers to my questions before I ask. This question is exactly the same one I had. Thanks everyone!

Auto Transport Service
Back