• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Vibration

axxmann

Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
I recently adjusted my Torsion Bars to lower the front end. Whole car started vibrating at speed 60 and up. We re-balanced tires & wheels yesterday found that there might be a small amount of problem with the wheels seemed to balance out ok. Could me lowering the front end via torsion bars have caused this problem to arise?

If it did not have the vibration before you changed the height, I would start there..
Ride height setting will have an effect on front end alignment. Shop manual states that ride height
must be set prior to alignment and has a procedure for doing it.

An alignment is needed first as stated above. If the vibration persists, The pinion angle has been altered and will need correction.
3BBFB46B-B30F-49B9-9356-056A7E0FABE0.jpeg

34183901-0425-443D-A559-8EAD7B02C7E1.png

I recently adjusted my Torsion Bars to lower the front end. Whole car started vibrating at speed 60 and up. We re-balanced tires & wheels yesterday found that there might be a small amount of problem with the wheels seemed to balance out ok. Could me lowering the front end via torsion bars have caused this problem to arise?
Update.
Sorry it took so long .
1. I raised the the front end back up to 26" at the center of the top front fender wells.
2. I pulled the drive shaft just for inspection and decided to install a new U-joint even though the old one had very few miles on it. Thank god I did.
3. When my shop guy went to pull out the joint he was able to push it out with his finger just like butter. OOPS
4. I then took the drive shaft to Clydes Frame shop Clyde's Frame & Wheel Service, Inc. | Auto Repair | Pontiac MI
6. They removed the tail yoke of the drive shaft and install a new one and U-joint.
7. Balanced and painted the drive shaft.
No vibration at at least 100MPH.
Sorry I did it all at once so I dont know what finally fixed the problem.
Thanks everyone for their input and I hope this helps soneone else in the future.
Thanks again
Matt "the axxmann" MacDermaid
www.axxmann.com

Auto Transport Service
Back